It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Adding another voice to the clangour: I too wish to download Dragon Commander, I too get no response from the downloader when trying other than the status "connecting...", I too am able to access the api status page and get "gog.com downloader api status: ok". I too am using Windows. (Win8, not 8.1, 64 bit version, chrome browser, in case that's helpful)

EDIT: And just as I'm posting, it works! Oh well, all's well that and so on :)
Post edited August 06, 2013 by Setsuei
It works. Thank you.
Когда уже починят загрузчик??? А то вечное подключение, вчера игру купил и всё никак не могу установить её :*(
О, да. Он заработал!!!! Спасибо за починку!
Post edited August 06, 2013 by Saytn
Downloader is working now, thanks for fixing this! :-)
Venom: Downloader issues should now be resolved, please re-launch the application and log in again. Sorry for the delays with access to your games, we've been working around the clock to get everything into order.
May I ask what was the problem? It is of course expected that you don't wish to disclose that information or it's too technobabble, but I am curious by nature ;)
Venom: Downloader issues should now be resolved, please re-launch the application and log in again. Sorry for the delays with access to your games, we've been working around the clock to get everything into order.
JMich: May I ask what was the problem? It is of course expected that you don't wish to disclose that information or it's too technobabble, but I am curious by nature ;)
It was a small glitch :P
Post edited August 07, 2013 by Szulak
Hello. When I try to download Stronghold HD via the downloader, it directly jumps to 100% of completion.

Obviously, the download folder is empty.
I'm trying to download Witcher 2 (for Windows), but when when it downloads about 2,8 GB, it is starting to... I don't know how to say it. It's not just that it's stuck, but it goes back. After couple of minutes it's 2,7, then 2,6. And at this point it downloads normaly, and than, again, at 2,88 goes back. I tried restarting downloader, but it doesn't help.
Ferrkon: I'm trying to download Witcher 2 (for Windows), but when when it downloads about 2,8 GB, it is starting to... I don't know how to say it. It's not just that it's stuck, but it goes back. After couple of minutes it's 2,7, then 2,6. And at this point it downloads normaly, and than, again, at 2,88 goes back. I tried restarting downloader, but it doesn't help.
It's mean that there are some problems on the servers and the GOG Downloader couldn't download the proper file. So it's removing incorrect part of file, and downloading it again.
Szulak: It's mean that there are some problems on the servers and the GOG Downloader couldn't download the proper file. So it's removing incorrect part of file, and downloading it again.
Okay, thanks. Then I will wait some time and see what will happen :)
Okay, now my download is completely stuck at 2,64. I think I just switch to manual download, but the problem still exists.
There's a bug in the API unless there is a specific reason why the API doesn't return details for extras anymore.

I'm getting empty array for extras when querying game details with "https://api.gog.com/downloader2/game/game_name/installer_win_en"

"extras" : [],
It crashed on me (twice) when I tried to download the universal update for IL-2 Sturmovik - 1946.
Sent a message along with the log.
Any way to get it to stop verifying a game that I've already downloaded? In my case it's Divinity 2, but it's happened before. I have to sit and wait to download something else while it makes sure that yes, I did indeed download that 9GB.
I'm unable to launch the gog.com downloader. I'm receiving an Windows error message saying that MSVCR80.dll can't be executed.
I have already re-downloaded and re-installed it. Didn't resolve.