It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
SynStar: Is there any solution to the GOG downloader not working. at all? I never get prompt to login, I can never actually access the window (despite the fact there is a tray icon). it just refuses to work. and it's been this for almost an entire year now.
I bought Lord of realms a couple of days ago. When I click on the link, it goes to the bookshelve again. Did you ever get any games to download?I tried with latest versions of FireFox and IE, neither worked. I used BitDefender anti-virus and Spybot malware, Windows XP Service pack III. Did anyone ever contact you from support. or just the auto answerer?
Jonesybunny: As of the latest stable Windows GOG Downloader release 3.6.0.0, the issue of the magnifying glass button going to My Documents instead of to the download folder still has not been fixed.

Search reveals last mention of this being worked on was on January 07, 2013.

Has there been any updates regarding this issue?
JudasIscariot: I would recommend just repointing the Downloader to your preferred folder. I had this issue pop up once and once I repointed the Downloader to my preferred folder this never happened again :)
Repointimg has not worked for me, even after multiple times of deleting and reinstalling the file. I am curious if this is a GOG issue or a settings issue on our pcs?
I just purchased like 8 games from you, installed the downloader, logged in, and i have nothing but a grey screen after i log in (successfully). It does not show any of my purchased games, no activity for downloading, nothing. All buttons other then settings greyed out.

Please tell me how to fix this asap so i can download my purchases.

WIndows 8.1 64bit OS.
khenzel: I just purchased like 8 games from you, installed the downloader, logged in, and i have nothing but a grey screen after i log in (successfully). It does not show any of my purchased games, no activity for downloading, nothing. All buttons other then settings greyed out.

WIndows 8.1 64bit OS.
The GOG Downloader is not the Steam client, you can't access your library through it (yet, if rumors are to be trusted). In order to download your games, go to My Account -> My Games and click on the cover of the game you wish to download. If you wish to use the GOG Download Manager, you'll have to enable it in the game page on your library. You can still download the games without using it, if you prefer.
khenzel: I just purchased like 8 games from you, installed the downloader, logged in, and i have nothing but a grey screen after i log in (successfully). It does not show any of my purchased games, no activity for downloading, nothing. All buttons other then settings greyed out.

WIndows 8.1 64bit OS.
groze: The GOG Downloader is not the Steam client, you can't access your library through it (yet, if rumors are to be trusted). In order to download your games, go to My Account -> My Games and click on the cover of the game you wish to download. If you wish to use the GOG Download Manager, you'll have to enable it in the game page on your library. You can still download the games without using it, if you prefer.
Point is i have about 12 games i want to download back to back without sitting there babysitting it. So your telling me the gog downloader does not work for gog games?

I purchased the games through gog.com and clicked the toggle to enable the gog downloader downloads on the bookcase view. Should it not work??
groze: The GOG Downloader is not the Steam client, you can't access your library through it (yet, if rumors are to be trusted). In order to download your games, go to My Account -> My Games and click on the cover of the game you wish to download. If you wish to use the GOG Download Manager, you'll have to enable it in the game page on your library. You can still download the games without using it, if you prefer.
khenzel: Point is i have about 12 games i want to download back to back without sitting there babysitting it. So your telling me the gog downloader does not work for gog games?

I purchased the games through gog.com and clicked the toggle to enable the gog downloader downloads on the bookcase view. Should it not work??
Open your games one by one, click on the installer link in order to download them and close the browser, as they will all be added to the downloader and will download in succession.

[EDIT] Attached an image for ease of explanation, check it out.
Attachments:
Post edited April 16, 2014 by groze
khenzel: Point is i have about 12 games i want to download back to back without sitting there babysitting it. So your telling me the gog downloader does not work for gog games?

groze: Open your games one by one, click on the installer link in order to download them and close the browser, as they will all be added to the downloader and will download in succession.

[EDIT] Attached an image for ease of explanation, check it out.
ahh that did it. thank you very much!
I am trying to download Broken Sword 5 and the installer keeps throwing up chunksum errors. I have contacted support and posted this in the BS5 thread. Just hoping someone somewhere can help
lynthorpe: I am trying to download Broken Sword 5 and the installer keeps throwing up chunksum errors. I have contacted support and posted this in the BS5 thread. Just hoping someone somewhere can help
It's the weekend (Easter weekend, on top of that), so, please, try to be patient and give GOG support a couple of days. They will get in touch with you and try to solve your problem. In the meantime, hopefully someone in the Broken Sword subforum can help you.
lynthorpe: I am trying to download Broken Sword 5 and the installer keeps throwing up chunksum errors. I have contacted support and posted this in the BS5 thread. Just hoping someone somewhere can help
groze: It's the weekend (Easter weekend, on top of that), so, please, try to be patient and give GOG support a couple of days. They will get in touch with you and try to solve your problem. In the meantime, hopefully someone in the Broken Sword subforum can help you.
Yeah I know. Just being impatient! Waited sooooo long to play this and I still can't!!!
lynthorpe: Yeah I know. Just being impatient! Waited sooooo long to play this and I still can't!!!
I'll try to help you, but I need you to answer a couple of questions as well, ok?

What is the setting of "Number of concurrent connections" (it's in the GOG Downloader Settings)?
It's possible that it's set too high for your Internet connection, so you could try to set it to a lower value - may I ask what Internet connection you have?

BTW - I couldn't find your thread in the Broken Sword forum. Could you please link to it?
lynthorpe: Yeah I know. Just being impatient! Waited sooooo long to play this and I still can't!!!
HypersomniacLive: I'll try to help you, but I need you to answer a couple of questions as well, ok?

What is the setting of "Number of concurrent connections" (it's in the GOG Downloader Settings)?
It's possible that it's set too high for your Internet connection, so you could try to set it to a lower value - may I ask what Internet connection you have?

BTW - I couldn't find your thread in the Broken Sword forum. Could you please link to it?
Link below
http://www.gog.com/forum/broken_sword_series/broken_sword_5_episode_1_has_been_updated_to_version_103_pc_and_mac
Someone there has suggested I try downloading without the Gog downloader which I am trying now.

Official download speed is 2.13mbps. Gog downloads at about 260-265kbs

I have already set concurrent downloads to 1

I appreciate any help. I'm just an old lady who likes playing adventure games...not techie in the least!!!
lynthorpe: Link below
http://www.gog.com/forum/broken_sword_series/broken_sword_5_episode_1_has_been_updated_to_version_103_pc_and_mac
Someone there has suggested I try downloading without the Gog downloader which I am trying now.

I appreciate any help. I'm just an old lady who likes playing adventure games...not techie in the least!!!
OK, let us know if that worked for you.

If not and you'd be willing to give the GOG Downloader another try, please follow this instructions:
- Close the Downloader (right click on its tray icon and choose Exit).
- Go to your GOG user folder and wipe it clean - location of it is: C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Local Settings\Application Data\GOG.com
- Start the Downloader and try to download again.

Report back if it worked.
lynthorpe: Link below

HypersomniacLive: OK, let us know if that worked for you.

If not and you'd be willing to give the GOG Downloader another try, please follow this instructions:
- Close the Downloader (right click on its tray icon and choose Exit).
- Go to your GOG user folder and wipe it clean - location of it is: C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Local Settings\Application Data\GOG.com
- Start the Downloader and try to download again.

Report back if it worked.
I've downloaded without using Gog but this is where it all goes horribly wrong for me! When i try to open the setup I get a message saying "Installer needs the next part(.BIN) file. Please specify the location of part 5 and click ok. By default files should be placed in the same folder as the installer itself. Please click Browse and specify the correct path" I've tried selecting everything I can find to do with Gog and BS5 but none seem to be correct. If you can offer some help I'd be grateful. I've also tried locating the Gog user folder using your info (putting my username in) but no results. I'm totally useless with this sort of stuff! I'm running Win8
Post edited April 20, 2014 by lynthorpe
lynthorpe: I've downloaded without using Gog but this is where it all goes horribly wrong for me! When i try to open the setup I get a message saying "Installer needs the next part(.BIN) file. Please specify the location of part 5 and click ok. By default files should be placed in the same folder as the installer itself. Please click Browse and specify the correct path" I've tried selecting everything I can find to do with Gog and BS5 but none seem to be correct. If you can offer some help I'd be grateful. I've also tried locating the Gog user folder using your info (putting my username in) but no results. I'm totally useless with this sort of stuff! I'm running Win8
Give me a moment to make some screenshots!

EDIT: Do you use the shelf or the list view for your games?
Post edited April 20, 2014 by HypersomniacLive