It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
ShadowWulfe: Any way to get it to stop verifying a game that I've already downloaded? In my case it's Divinity 2, but it's happened before. I have to sit and wait to download something else while it makes sure that yes, I did indeed download that 9GB.
In my case the problem like yours only happens when I don't close Downloader before shutting down the system. After windows start - whether I just start the downloader or choose to download smth from gog.com it already has every download it had before system shutdown. If I just close the downloader after it have done everything I added and shut down system then on the next start queue is clear. Though haven't checked with the latest version (it did on the previous one though).

A little request to the stuff. I prefer to keep all my collection on the external HDD. Sometimes the following problem appears. I decided to install The Witcher and after files verification it tells me the files are broken. Now I have to redownload 8 Gb. It's... unpleasant experience. Considering I've checked integrity with downloader (not with the setup file though) some time ago. Could you implement the downloader with some automated integrity check function? I have a pretty big amount of games in my collection and this would be extremely helpful.
And by the way - there is a picture on the download page of downloader. Mine is not that helpful - no "new" or "game updates" tabs. No tab at all.
Oh, just while I was writing this an integrity check failed again! Now with another file. Just after telling the downloader to download it again and finishing it without any errors (all files are the same on the HDD - checked just now, date not changed).
I'd like to get all my collection of games working any time night or day without the internet access. Not fearing it might fail on me when I need it most (for example having only witcher 2 installation files on your notebook in some hotel far from civilization and internet and anticipating the adventures while it checks for integrity when it just kills you with "Integrity check failed").
Windows XP SP3 32 bit
GOG Downloader 3.5.8.0

Yesterday evening, my notebook accidentally run out of power while the GOG Downloader was open, but paused. When I launched it again today, it didn't list any pending downloads. It should have listed the download of the ARMA 2 installer with a progress of 1 of 11.8 GB. I tried to reproduce the issue by killing the app in the task manager, but that made it only forget the downloads of the not yet started bonus files. The installer file is still present in the file system.
ModaL:
Thanks for the tip! It seems that laziness has been biting me in the arse.
This request seems relevant to this thread.
Hi everyone

well i was trying to download some games and download client asked me for patch. No wories i clicked download and upgrade (or whatever is there ) and got a new 3.5.8 client and is corrupted. Downloaded it few times, removed old version updated old version did all what i can come-out with even did a nice back rub and a hot chocolate and ... nothing. Any idea?
sargut: Hi everyone

new 3.5.8 client and is corrupted. Downloaded it few times, removed old version updated old version
Did you also remove the folders in C: users > (your user name) > appdata > local > GOG.com even though you may have un-installed the downloader it may still have the older versions there, from past experience remove all and start fresh.
nop it did not helped. All downloads are with errors and can't download working ins. of downloader ether.
I'm having a problem when trying to download Pandora Directive using GOG.com Downloader. See this thread's last two posts:

www.gog.com/forum/tex_murphy_series/trouble_with_the_tex_murphy_game_downloads_and_need_help_downloading_from_ gog_in_general/page1

Please help.
I have 60mbit internet connection and it is always maxed out when I download games from Steam.

Few days ago I decided to download Witcher 2 using GoG downloader and I was constantly getting around 6-8mbits download rate. Why so slow?
Post edited September 03, 2013 by Simplex
Simplex: I have 60mbit internet connection and it is always maxed out when I download games from Steam.

Few days ago I decided to download Witcher 2 using GoG downloader and I was constantly getting around 6-8mbits download rate. Why so slow?
I've had the exact same problem in the last few days. Maybe the GOG servers are overloaded? But you could try to play with the number of concurrent connections, if that helps.
Post edited September 03, 2013 by Lillesort131
for me gog downloder uses the processor way too much - i have win 8 x64, intel i3, 8 gb ram
Found the cause of a network error issue that had been plaguing me for months. When you launch the downloader, if you have a drive letter mapped that you do not have access to (not uncommon in the work environment), the downloader errors out before you even see a window. While I understand the cause, it would be great if the downloader could trap the error and not bomb entirely giving no indication as to why.
I'm trying to get the beta version, but when I go to account/beta all I see is my regular library, and no "beta"slider to turn on or off. Any idea?

Also I would like to know if the notifications features is already in the beta version, or is not even there yet.

Thanks.
Purduecoz: Found the cause of a network error issue that had been plaguing me for months. When you launch the downloader, if you have a drive letter mapped that you do not have access to (not uncommon in the work environment), the downloader errors out before you even see a window. While I understand the cause, it would be great if the downloader could trap the error and not bomb entirely giving no indication as to why.
This should be resolved on a next update. No ETA at the moment, we're really busy with other things.
Also I recommend not using network drives as a point of download.
TheScorpion: I'm trying to get the beta version, but when I go to account/beta all I see is my regular library, and no "beta"slider to turn on or off. Any idea?

Also I would like to know if the notifications features is already in the beta version, or is not even there yet.

Thanks.
Why are you trying to access the beta page? What kind of notifications are we talking about?
Simplex: I have 60mbit internet connection and it is always maxed out when I download games from Steam.

If you constantly observing a slow download speed (and you suspect it's not a problem on your end), please let our support know about this. If you could provide a trace route to our CDN server and your location, that would be greatly appreciated.

Terminal / Command Prompt:
tracert wpc.11DF.edgecastcdn.net (Windows)
traceroute wpc.11DF.edgecastcdn.net (Mac)
Post edited September 10, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
TheScorpion: I'm trying to get the beta version, but when I go to account/beta all I see is my regular library, and no "beta"slider to turn on or off. Any idea?

Thanks.
Fallen_Zen: Why are you trying to access the beta page? What kind of notifications are we talking about?
I saw the Downloader's page mentions some cool features about notifications and so, which are not in the current version. I wanted to see if that's in the beta already.

I was following this steps:

There are three steps you have to take in order to try out our beta versions of the "My account" section and the Downloader:
1) Go to http://www.gog.com/account/beta and enable the beta version of the "My account" section ,
2) Download the beta release of our new Downloader from our forum here: http://static.gog.com/download/d3/beta/Setup_Downloader_3.1.2b.exe,
3) Now, from any device that has a browser and Internet connection, go to your "My games" section (http://www.gog.com/account), click on the desired game on your shelf, switch the GOG.com Downloader mode to ‘ON’ (without it, the content will be downloaded through your browser, instead of the Downloader).
Now you can initiate the download of the game, as well as the bonus content, through the GOG.com Cloud, just by clicking on the buttons below.