It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
TheScorpion: I saw the Downloader's page mentions some cool features about notifications and so, which are not in the current version. I wanted to see if that's in the beta already.
This beta version is no longer available. As for the features that have been in there, they are coming, unfortunately no ETA can be provided for now.
Fallen_Zen: This should be resolved on a next update. No ETA at the moment, we're really busy with other things.
Also I recommend not using network drives as a point of download.
Agreed. I was downloading to a local drive, but the error manifests itself whether or not the download is being saved to a local location or not. If there's even a network drive mapped that you do not have permission to access, the downloader will not launch. Thanks for fixing it up and no worries on ETA... at least I know how to work around it now!
I just downloaded the launcher and it immediately crashes every time I try to launch it. I'm on Windows 8. Is this a known issue?

Edit: I just installed the beta linked in the original post, and that worked fine, but upon updating to the newest version it just went back to crashing. And to think, I was hoping to use this to install Witcher 2 so I wouldn't have to deal with Steam...

Tried .Net repair tool, installed to paths outside of Program Files, neither worked. I would include the log but I'm being told I can't post links.
Post edited September 10, 2013 by lemmer
EDIT: WRONG PLACE
Post edited September 12, 2013 by InkyPrick
lemmer: I just downloaded the launcher and it immediately crashes every time I try to launch it. I'm on Windows 8. Is this a known issue?

Edit: I just installed the beta linked in the original post, and that worked fine, but upon updating to the newest version it just went back to crashing. And to think, I was hoping to use this to install Witcher 2 so I wouldn't have to deal with Steam...

Tried .Net repair tool, installed to paths outside of Program Files, neither worked. I would include the log but I'm being told I can't post links.
Could you please run Windows Update and check if it solve problem?
lemmer: I just downloaded the launcher and it immediately crashes every time I try to launch it. I'm on Windows 8. Is this a known issue?

Szulak: Could you please run Windows Update and check if it solve problem?
That absolutely did seem to solve it. Thank you!
* Downloader keeps trying to redownload stuff I've downloaded and cleared! *

Apologies in advance if this has already been covered. I'm using release 3.5.8.0 but I'm sure this has been happening over the last handful of versions too. I normally have no problems with the downloader at all, however over the past few weeks the following has started to happen:

I finish downloading and installing a game, I right-click on the game in the Downloader and hit Clear to remove it from the list. I delete the setup files from my Download folder. The Gog Downloader list is now clear. The next time I fire up my PC and use Gog Downloader to download something else, the old files re-appear in the download list and it starts redownloading them again! The only way to prevent this from happening is to uninstall Gog Downloader and re-install it!

As an example I purchased five games from the recent 80%-off offer, installed them with no problems, cleared the list, and deleted the unwanted setup files. Now I've just downloaded the free Stargunner game, and the five games and all their bonus features are back in my list again and downloading!

Any ideas?
EvoluZion3: * Downloader keeps trying to redownload stuff I've downloaded and cleared! *

Apologies in advance if this has already been covered. I'm using release 3.5.8.0 but I'm sure this has been happening over the last handful of versions too. I normally have no problems with the downloader at all, however over the past few weeks the following has started to happen:

I finish downloading and installing a game, I right-click on the game in the Downloader and hit Clear to remove it from the list. I delete the setup files from my Download folder. The Gog Downloader list is now clear. The next time I fire up my PC and use Gog Downloader to download something else, the old files re-appear in the download list and it starts redownloading them again! The only way to prevent this from happening is to uninstall Gog Downloader and re-install it!

As an example I purchased five games from the recent 80%-off offer, installed them with no problems, cleared the list, and deleted the unwanted setup files. Now I've just downloaded the free Stargunner game, and the five games and all their bonus features are back in my list again and downloading!

Any ideas?
I just wanted to add that this is happening to me to with a new build PC and the latest stable version of the downloader.
Wow - the Mac OSX gog downloader is super buggy. Right now it's blank. I've even gone 'Edit->Clear completed/failed downloads'. But it's still downloading Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (I can tell because of the download speed meter in it's window, and my own network activity). This invisible impossible to remove download happened after I quit and restarted the app as it was flaking out mere moments after installation for the first time with the SMAC download, and not able to find parts of the download on gog servers.

Where was the testing?

Mid-2007 24" 2.8GHz iMac, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256MB VRAM, OS X 10.6.8

Wow - the gog downloader gets even worse for OSX, if that were possible. I quit it again, deleted the gog App Supprt folder and the gog pref from the prefs file inside my home folder, and even the partial SMAC download from my downloads folder. But it seems the gog downloader does something incredibly bad, and keeps prefs elsewhere as well, because while my login is gone and I'm asked to re-enter it (upon which the gog downloader freezes - the icing on the cake LOL), the SMAC download is still there in the gog downloader's download list (visible again... even if it no longer really exists!).

I ask again - where on Earth was the testing???

Mid-2007 24" 2.8GHz iMac, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256MB VRAM, OS X 10.6.8
Post edited September 16, 2013 by Wizardling
Ok, found the other prefs (why the hell were they not in the gog App. Support folder??? What is the point of having an App. Support folder for your app if you don't use it for everything?) in a folder called 'GOG.com' inside my home folder.

I've deleted it. Now - this time at least - the gog downloader isn't hanging or turning downloads invisible.

But really - where was the testing? And what is with putting extra folders inside my home folder? Bad design, no testing.

Wizardling: Wow - the Mac OSX gog downloader is super buggy. Right now it's blank. I've even gone 'Edit->Clear completed/failed downloads'. But it's still downloading Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (I can tell because of the download speed meter in it's window, and my own network activity). This invisible impossible to remove download happened after I quit and restarted the app as it was flaking out mere moments after installation for the first time with the SMAC download, and not able to find parts of the download on gog servers.

Where was the testing?

Wow - the gog downloader gets even worse for OSX, if that were possible. I quit it again, deleted the gog App Supprt folder and the gog pref from the prefs file inside my home folder, and even the partial SMAC download from my downloads folder. But it seems the gog downloader does something incredibly bad, and keeps prefs elsewhere as well, because while my login is gone and I'm asked to re-enter it (upon which the gog downloader freezes - the icing on the cake LOL), the SMAC download is still there in the gog downloader's download list (visible again... even if it no longer really exists!).

I ask again - where on Earth was the testing???

I can assure you, we're testing every release of the Downloader. I'll contact you via PM, we'll try to sort things out.
Post edited September 16, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
i just started on this site and purchased and downloaded roller coaster tycoon, but how do i play it??
jvmusic811: i just started on this site and purchased and downloaded roller coaster tycoon, but how do i play it??
Welcome to GOG. The files you've downloaded are the installer, which you are free to move to any computer you own and install the game. Double click the setup_rollercoaster_tycoon_###.exe and it should start the installation.
"MAC DOWNLOADER PROBLEM: FREQUENT PAUSES AND BEACHBALLING."

Hello everyone :)
I posted this in an excisting thread started by PredaN00b, but another user suggested that I was better off posting my problem here. So following that advice here it is:

THE PROBLEM:
I start the Mac downloader, a few minutes later, it just pauses itself.
But now 1 more misfortune befell the app: Since yesterday it freezes during launch (beachball-of-dooming itself). The problem began suddenly and for no apparent reason, for it had been working fine for a very long while.

ATTEMPTED TROUBLESHOOTING:
1) Verified if the internet connection was working properly.
Result:
Yes it was. After a brief period, it still drops to 0 download speed and pauses itself.

2) Tried to find out if my Mac's "Energy Saving" settings were interfering with the downloader (e.g. The downloader stops because the display and/or the computer falls asleep).
Result:
I set my computer not to sleep. Among other apps, only the GOG downloader had stopped working when the display fell asleep.
Then I tried to establish if the sleeping was connected to the pausing, and found that it is not. The downloader not always pauses after the display falls asleep.

3) Deleted the "com.gog.downloader.plist" and relaunched the downloader.
Result:
The downloader now freezes on launch every time.

4) Verified version of the downloader.
Downloaded the downloader :) yesterday (Sep, 21, 2013) and re-installed, hoping to fix both problems that way.
Result:
The newest version of the downloader (1.2 build 435) was what I had been using before, and re-installing it plus deleting for a second time the "com.gog.downloader.plist" did not help. The downloader still freezes on launch and has to be force-euthanised every time.

FINAL NOTES:
I have a Mac crash report in a text file in case it is of use to the GOG technomancers.
I pasted it in 2 sites where you can go and see it. Take your pick ;)

1) Hey Paste It!
http://www.heypasteit.com/clip/0YXV
2) Paste Bin
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=ZVhYxEhT

I am unable to provide a GOG downloader Error Report because I believe I need to open the downloader first to do so from the preferences.

Thanks in advance for any efforts placed into expunging this bewildering Gremlin.
:)

-------------------
UPDATE (2013/09/22)
-------------------
SOLUTION FOUND FOR STALLING (only)

Some of the steps I took may be ineffectual or redundant but since I cannot tell for sure I will enumerate all I did just in case, and those who have studied the innards of coding (thus know what is superflous) may weed it out.

1) I re-downloaded the newest version of the downloader for Mac.
2) Uninstalled the present downloader and empited the Trash.
3) Went to: "Users/(user name)/Library/GOG.com".
4) Deleted the "GOG_Downloader.storedata" file (which I believe removed the game I was downloading from the list inside the downloader).
5) Went to: "Users/(user name)/Library/Preferences".
6) Deleted the "com.gog.downloader.plist" file.
7) Unarchived the downloader zipped file inside my Applications Folder.
8) Re-started my Mac.
9) Logged-in into GOG and went to My Account.
10) Selected a free game I just acquired and started downloading some of its contents.
11) The downloader opened, asked for my loggin data without beachballing, and started to download the selected content of the free game.
12) Went back to the game I had been downloading when the Gremlins attacked last, and started the download again from within My Account.
13) The downloader checked the slab of game I already had in my computer, and after a few moments started downloading properly and from where it had left before.

Happy end of story, rolling credits and tissues at the exit for all the tearful rejoicement.
d(^_^)b

The "persistent pausing problem" is yet to be resolved. Sad twist end of story.
(T_T)
Post edited September 23, 2013 by chibizoid
when I pause a download it freezes the whole program and I have to unload it. Also there needs to be a way to clear the cache if you want to begin again.