It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

assassin33: Cryostasis and Simon the Sorcerer 1 & 2 got a 2.0 unflagged update, Cryostasis is a bit confusing because it is discontinued.
Not all that confusing, they already did this for XIII i.e.
Support wise it makes much sense to update games that aren't sold any more, as they still give support to people who have it. And if they wouldn't update these installers they would have to deal with installer v1 issues forever.
Got a half-silent update for you guys:

The following ScummVM games have been updated as they had a flawed version of ScummVM 1.6.0. This was evident when ScummVM tried to ask you to insert a disk into drive and other related oddities. This is no longer an issue.

Simon the Sorcerer 1-2
The Feeble Files
Flight of the Amazon Queen (all 4 installers)
Gobliins Pack
Legend of Kyrandia 1-3

(Windows versions only)
Post edited October 16, 2013 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: Got a half-silent update for you guys:

The following ScummVM games have been updated as they had a flawed version of ScummVM 1.6.0. This was evident when ScummVM tried to ask you to insert a disk into drive and other related oddities. This is no longer an issue.

Simon the Sorcerer 1-2
The Feeble Files
Gobliins Pack
Legend of Kyrandia 1-3
The new Kyrandia 1 installer seems to have a different file structure (the DAT1, 2, 3 folders), is using DAT1 fine for adding/running the game manually in ScummVM?

Simon the Sorcerer 1-2
The Feeble Files
Gobliins Pack
Legend of Kyrandia 1-3
Crosmando: The new Kyrandia 1 installer seems to have a different file structure (the DAT1, 2, 3 folders), is using DAT1 fine for adding/running the game manually in ScummVM?
I am not sure as I don't know ScummVM all that well, sorry :/

Simon the Sorcerer 1-2
The Feeble Files
Gobliins Pack
Legend of Kyrandia 1-3
Crosmando: The new Kyrandia 1 installer seems to have a different file structure (the DAT1, 2, 3 folders), is using DAT1 fine for adding/running the game manually in ScummVM?
from kyra-cd1.ini inside the game folder it looks like DAT1 is for English version, DAT2 for French and DAT3 for German...
cyboff: from kyra-cd1.ini inside the game folder it looks like DAT1 is for English version, DAT2 for French and DAT3 for German...
Right, thought it might be that, thanks

Simon the Sorcerer 1-2
The Feeble Files
Gobliins Pack
Legend of Kyrandia 1-3
Does this apply to both Mac and Windows versions? I just looked at the Simon the Sorcerer games and it doesn't seem like the installers are new but I didn't download them to check. Which reminds me, can we at some point have full version numbers please on the shelf pages? Currently I need to actually download something to see the full filename and therefore version number. It would be really nice if the full version number was listed as that would make checking/comparing easy to do.

Oh, and thanks for the fixes in any case.

Lastly, I just downloaded both Mac and Windows installers for Flight of the Amazon Queen and the version numbers are the same as the ones they replaced, the file names that is. Was that on purpose? I'm just checking there isn't some error there of some kind, like the new files really did get uploaded right?

I already had flight_of_the_amazon_queen_1.0.0.2.dmg and setup_flight_of_the_amazon_queen_2.0.0.4.exe
Post edited October 16, 2013 by dirtyharry50
dirtyharry50: Currently I need to actually download something to see the full filename and therefore version number.
No, you don't. Just deactivate the GOG downloader and click on the installer file (or in the case of there being several on the first one), whereupon a window pops up where you can see the version number.
dirtyharry50: Currently I need to actually download something to see the full filename and therefore version number.
Daniel_M: No, you don't. Just deactivate the GOG downloader and click on the installer file (or in the case of there being several on the first one), whereupon a window pops up where you can see the version number.
Yes I do.

I do not use the gog downloader. Want to know why? See this thread:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/introducing_the_beta_release_of_the_new_gogcom_downloader

It is simpler and trouble free to just download with my browser.

If they are going to list version numbers on the shelf pages, why the hell can't they be the correct complete version numbers? Is that really too much to ask?
Daniel_M: No, you don't. Just deactivate the GOG downloader and click on the installer file (or in the case of there being several on the first one), whereupon a window pops up where you can see the version number.
dirtyharry50: Yes I do.

I do not use the gog downloader.
Well I'm sorry to hear that. It may be inherent to your OS, as I use Windows and have to confirm a download in a window which shows the name of the file with the version number, which I check against my game folder.

EDIT: nonsense what I wrote regarding OS problem, I think. It is probably due to your browser being configured in a way that requires no download confirmation.
Post edited October 16, 2013 by Daniel_M

Simon the Sorcerer 1-2
The Feeble Files
Gobliins Pack
Legend of Kyrandia 1-3
dirtyharry50: Does this apply to both Mac and Windows versions? I just looked at the Simon the Sorcerer games and it doesn't seem like the installers are new but I didn't download them to check. Which reminds me, can we at some point have full version numbers please on the shelf pages? Currently I need to actually download something to see the full filename and therefore version number. It would be really nice if the full version number was listed as that would make checking/comparing easy to do.

Oh, and thanks for the fixes in any case.

Lastly, I just downloaded both Mac and Windows installers for Flight of the Amazon Queen and the version numbers are the same as the ones they replaced, the file names that is. Was that on purpose? I'm just checking there isn't some error there of some kind, like the new files really did get uploaded right?

I already had flight_of_the_amazon_queen_1.0.0.2.dmg and setup_flight_of_the_amazon_queen_2.0.0.4.exe
Just the Windows versions. I'll edit my post. Sorry about that :/
dirtyharry50: It is simpler and trouble free to just download with my browser.

If they are going to list version numbers on the shelf pages, why the hell can't they be the correct complete version numbers? Is that really too much to ask?
Of course I agree with you that GOG should just list version numbers, it's self-explanatory actually.

As for the simplicity of just downloading games with your browser: I think there is a great advantage to GOG downloader, namely error correction, besides being able to download files collectively (I think I read that about error correction somewhere on the forums).

And as I don't know if you saw the edit of my last post, check if your browser is configured as not requiring download confirmation. Changing that may solve your problem.
dirtyharry50: Yes I do.

I do not use the gog downloader.
Daniel_M: Well I'm sorry to hear that. It may be inherent to your OS, as I use Windows and have to confirm a download in a window which shows the name of the file with the version number, which I check against my game folder.

EDIT: nonsense what I wrote regarding OS problem, I think. It is probably due to your browser being configured in a way that requires no download confirmation.
None of this matters. The point is that the version numbers should be displayed. Period. End of story.

I appreciate what I think is you meaning to be helpful but my point all along is that if they just posted the numbers it would be a non-issue for everyone.

JudasIscariot: Just the Windows versions. I'll edit my post. Sorry about that :/
That's okay. Thanks for the clarification.
dirtyharry50: I appreciate what I think is you meaning to be helpful but my point all along is that if they just posted the numbers it would be a non-issue for everyone.
As I already said, of course I agree that GOG should display the version numbers.

Besides, I don't see how my mentioning a possible solution implied I thought there was no reason for improvement on GOG's side. I just wrote a possible way of dealing with the situation as it is until necessary changes are made.
Rogue Legacy - added Mac version