It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thanks.

I must have missed the post informing us :(
http://www.gog.com/forum/retro_city_rampage/retro_city_rampage_has_been_updated_to_version_119
http://www.gog.com/forum/shadowrun_returns/shadowrun_returnsdragonfall_have_been_updated_to_version_125_pc_mac
Crosmando: Soo..... is that I Have No Mouth patch going to come soon GOG?
I totally agree that it should be the best version out of the box for people and its annoying that Steam gets these updates and not GOG, especially from Night Dive
But, if you're desperate for it for personal use, you could always just download SCUMMVM and point it at your IHNMAIMS files manually - just saying...
Fever_Discordia: I totally agree that it should be the best version out of the box for people and its annoying that Steam gets these updates and not GOG, especially from Night Dive
But, if you're desperate for it for personal use, you could always just download SCUMMVM and point it at your IHNMAIMS files manually - just saying...
I already did.... like right after it released on GOG. SVM doesn't work completely out of the box with the GOG install though, you need to extract the ISO file the GOG version uses through dosbox. That being said dosbox should have never been used, even a cursory bit of research could reveal that I have no mouth has bugs and weird issues with dosbox, and runs like a charm on SVM.

I just think it's kinda unacceptable that we get patches so damn late around here... No offense but if GOG does want to compete then it'll have to pick up their game in this department.
Post edited March 12, 2014 by Crosmando
Crosmando: I already did.... like right after it released on GOG. SVM doesn't work completely out of the box with the GOG install though, you need to extract the ISO file the GOG version uses through dosbox. That being said dosbox should have never been used, even a cursory bit of research could reveal that I have no mouth has bugs and weird issues with dosbox, and runs like a charm on SVM.

I just think it's kinda unacceptable that we get patches so damn late around here... No offense but if GOG does want to compete then it'll have to pick up their game in this department.
I can't speak for this particular issue, but GOG provides patches as soon as they get them from developers and can apply them and test. If they can't get a patch from a developer because they haven't made it available to GOG yet, there isn't a lot they can do about it other than pressure them if need be and wait. As an example, Postal 2 was updated last year to add all kinds of cool new features and functionality to the game and that is available on Steam, however the GOG version does not contain any of those enhancements yet. Someone could get angry with GOG about it or think they're lazy or something. The truth of the matter is that the developers of Postal 2 have to make a special version of the game just for GOG as the DRM-free and Steam versions of the game are completely different. They're working on that now and it is not yet completed, so GOG can not provide us with the patch however as soon as it is ready I'm sure GOG will do it as soon as possible.

I think GOG is up on their game just fine, and if a game has a new patch and it has actually been made available to GOG in a form that is usable with their DRM-free version of a game, then they're most likely going to roll it out as soon as they can. If people want patches instantly, they probably will need to buy the games either directly from the publisher, or directly from the distribution platform that the particular publisher uses as their #1 distribution mechanism because the platform that gives them the most sales is probably going to end up getting their developers service/support first and foremost before other distribution platforms if custom work has to be done for every different distribution of their software. Of course in a perfect world games would all be distributed the same on every platform, but that is not the reality of the existing gaming marketplace.

Unfortunately for us, Steam is what a lot of developers target, including using various Steam specific features in their titles, which ultimately means they have to patch Steam differently than GOG and other DRM-free editions. I'm sure that the majority of GOG customers don't want GOG to add support for Steamworks in order to get patches at the same time they appear on Steam. I could be wrong, but it's just a gut feeling. ;)
There is absolutely no difference between the GOG and Steam versions of this game (at the time of their release), the game was released on GOG first by Night Dive in-fact, and then later on Steam, yet for some reason they got the new SVM version of the game, and we still don't. This isn't just any publisher either, it's Night Dive who was responsible for bringing System Shock 2 here and Wizardry 8 here and to Steam. If their blowing off GOG and snubbing it's customers then it's an issue.

If people want patches instantly, they probably will need to buy the games either directly from the publisher, or directly from the distribution platform that the particular publisher uses as their #1 distribution mechanism because the platform that gives them the most sales is probably going to end up getting their developers service/support first and foremost before other distribution platforms if custom work has to be done for every different distribution of their software.
That's a self-fulfilling prophecy, really. Just admitting that GOG will always be slower providing patches and if you don't like it go somewhere else? That's likely exactly what most people WILL do, or rather have done, you know rather than wait 3 weeks for one patch like I Have No Mouth, they'll go to Steam and never buy here again.

And no I don't support Steam-style auto-patching, but if GOG really wants to get into new games, they'll need to understand that most new games get patched ~constantly~, and people who buy and play them are not going to wait around for weeks for one patch to be applied, they'll ditch this site and go back to Steam for the same games, just saying. I'm not saying you need instantaneous patching, but you need to be punctual.

And yes, maybe it does mean GOG should look into recalibrating their relationship and contracts with devs regarding patches, instead of just a "whenever we get round to it", you know like a clause which states that if you wanna sell a game on GOG, you need to provide patches and not a week after every other distributor on the net.

EDIT: And I'm only saying it because I like GOG and want it to do well.
Post edited March 12, 2014 by Crosmando
Update summary #004 from the GOG blog.
high rated
Just a quick thanks for the heads up, I don't always remember to check out the GOG blog.
Crosmando: ...
I'd contact Night Dive but I really feel GOG can do that. It's their business anyway, they can push their weight around. :P
HypersomniacLive: Just a quick thanks for the heads up, I don't always remember to check out the GOG blog.
There's also the Changelog link in case you didn't notice it or forgot about it (like I did).
Gydion: There's also the Changelog link in case you didn't notice it or forgot about it (like I did).
That's exactly the thing I thanked mondo84 about.
As the engine-update for "I Have No Mouth" breaks any existing saves from the DOSBox version, I imagine there will be a few Steam users cursing that auto-update... Sometimes manual updating is better ;-) Assuming GOG does update the game, there really needs to be an up-front warning about that - especially if there's no going back to the old installer.
http://www.gog.com/forum/the_lords_of_midnight_series/doomdarks_revenge_has_been_updated_to_version_13_pc_mac
On the topic of their blog, why are the instagram videos silent for me?