It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Must be heading for a record of updates for a game ;)
HypersomniacLive: The really interesting part about the Daedalic games is not the split in our game shelves, but the fact that it costs $14.99 more now to purchase them both. Is it only me that thinks this is somehow backwards?
The history of deadalic on gog makes me suspect that they are exemplary greedy, petty profit-maximizing dicks. Exactly the most heroised and glorified mentality of our epoch.
Post edited April 23, 2014 by Telika
high rated
Telika: The history of deadalic on gog makes me suspect that they are exemplary greedy, petty profit-maximizing dicks. Exactly the most heroised and glorified mentality of our epoch.
Exemplary indeed ;-P
Telika: The history of deadalic on gog makes me suspect that they are exemplary greedy, petty profit-maximizing dicks. Exactly the most heroised and glorified mentality of our epoch.
I don't think they are greedy dicks, I fear they are in financial trouble. About a year ago there was a statement of them. Don't remember the exact words, but if I remember correctly they said that their adventure games not as lucrative as they hoped them to be and that they wish that only a small part of their Facebook fans would really buy their games.

Bad thing is that they seem to draaw the wrong conclusions from that. Treating some of their customers like shit probably won't help. I would have bought some of their games here at full price on release day if they would just include the German language. $20-25 is a fair price for their games in my eyes, but I'm not willing to pay around 40 Euros for a quite short adventure game just to get the original language.

Instead I wait for them to include it (sometimes years after the original release) and buy the games for $5 in a sale or for even less in a bundle. Seems to be a loose-loose situation in my eyes.
PaterAlf: I don't think they are greedy dicks, I fear they are in financial trouble. About a year ago there was a statement of them. Don't remember the exact words, but if I remember correctly they said that their adventure games not as lucrative as they hoped them to be and that they wish that only a small part of their Facebook fans would really buy their games.

Bad thing is that they seem to draaw the wrong conclusions from that. Treating some of their customers like shit probably won't help. I would have bought some of their games here at full price on release day if they would just include the German language. $20-25 is a fair price for their games in my eyes, but I'm not willing to pay around 40 Euros for a quite short adventure game just to get the original language.

Instead I wait for them to include it (sometimes years after the original release) and buy the games for $5 in a sale or for even less in a bundle. Seems to be a loose-loose situation in my eyes.
If I may, I'd like to speak in Daedalic's defense :)

1. They know full well that releasing a game from a German developer without German is not seen as a good move. They do, however, add German when they can. See The Night of the Rabbit as we just recently (about a month ago) added the German language to that game :)

2. They DO release games in German when it's possible. See Blackguards for example. German was included right off the bat.
PaterAlf: their adventure games not as lucrative as they hoped them to be and that they wish that only a small part of their Facebook fans would really buy their games
And they try to convince them to buy their games by... splitting them up and doubling the price.

*facepalm*
JudasIscariot: If I may, I'd like to speak in Daedalic's defense :)

1. They know full well that releasing a game from a German developer without German is not seen as a good move. They do, however, add German when they can. See The Night of the Rabbit as we just recently (about a month ago) added the German language to that game :)

2. They DO release games in German when it's possible. See Blackguards for example. German was included right off the bat.
I know that they add German language after a time for most of their games (even if it's a long time for example for The Whispered World). But I have to say that they lost most of my trust and my good-will when they blamed their German publisher (Rondomedia) for being responsible for the original situation with Night of the Rabbit and after that did the same with Goodbye, Deponia where they were the publisher themself. That was kind of a dick-move, which in my eyes wasn't fair (neither to Rondomedia nor to their loyal customers here on GOG).
Post edited April 23, 2014 by PaterAlf
I'm actually happier seeing old games get updated than new ones because it helps reaffirm the idea that GOG is still willing to improve what they have.

(I think they should talk to timeslip about creating a Populous 3 patch, if something similar to the DK2 patch could be created.)
Now with FLAC soundtracks.
Looks like Wasteland 1 on Steam just got a patch that includes the fan-made soundtrack!

http://steamcommunity.com/games/259130/announcements/detail/1388542490646780134
tfishell: Looks like Wasteland 1 on Steam just got a patch that includes the fan-made soundtrack!

http://steamcommunity.com/games/259130/announcements/detail/1388542490646780134
The full soundtrack is publicly available for free at
http://www.edwinmontgomerymusic.com/wasteland-2/
awesome :)
Number of games has just dropped from 732 to 731 - what had changed?
zeffyr: Number of games has just dropped from 732 to 731 - what had changed?
Nothing got removed or anything :)
zeffyr: Number of games has just dropped from 732 to 731 - what had changed?
JudasIscariot: Nothing got removed or anything :)
Strange. I could swear it was 732 before...