It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all,

With today's release of the free "Trains" DLC for Battle Worlds: Kronos, we have updated the standalone installers to the current version of the game, that being 1.3.5. These standalone installers are for those of you who prefer a completely off-line installer :)

Changes:

_"Trains":_
- Four new unit types with new gameplay features and diverse new
tactical options
- Completely new singleplayer campaign (ca. 15 hours of play time!)
- Two new multiplayer maps
- One new challenge map

_New features since launch:_
- Leagues & Community: Comepete with other players in the league.
- Quicker play:
Skippable animations
Parallel movement of units
Accelerated AI turns
Faster vehicle animations

- Simplified Access:
Extended tutorial, flat learning curve
Extended ingame documentation
Additional displays

- Better performance on all systems, especially on Mac & Linux (yes, we know we don't have the Linux version on GOG yet :) - Judas)
- Scalable UI
- UI & Controls: Additional displays, hotkeys, better distinguishable
colors.
- Community Features: Matchmaking, friend lists.
- Improved and additional unit animations, effects and sounds.

Thanks and have a nice day :)
Do I totally delete the old install and reinstall?

I would think with this download I would have to.
Post edited May 22, 2014 by Kublacron
Kublacron: Do I totally delete the old install and reinstall?

You can install right on top of the old version or just run the autoupdater :)
Kublacron: Do I totally delete the old install and reinstall?

JudasIscariot: You can install right on top of the old version or just run the autoupdater :)
Thanks. I was away from the computer for awhile.
Is this the "Digital Deluxe" version, which includes two expanded manuals with lots of technical details?? I can't see any evidence of it, so I'm guessing no???
Post edited May 22, 2014 by OldFatGuy
OldFatGuy: Is this the "Digital Deluxe" version, which includes two expanded manuals with lots of technical details?? I can't see any evidence of it, so I'm guessing no???
Sorry but no :(
OldFatGuy: Is this the "Digital Deluxe" version, which includes two expanded manuals with lots of technical details?? I can't see any evidence of it, so I'm guessing no???
JudasIscariot: Sorry but no :(
Okay, thanks.

Still going to buy it here. And hope that some day they come as bonus material, or I can find some "other" way of obtaining them. I'm anal about manuals, and one of my favorite things about acquiring a new game back in the day was opening up that 100 page very thorough manual and reading every page of it before I even installed the game.

I don't know why people today don't want more information about games, but apparently they don't as manuals just aren't in vogue anymore, and most especially in depth manuals with very technical details. People today also aren't into more information when it comes to politics and consumer choices and citizen rights and responsibilities either, so I guess it's the world we live in.

Believe me, those in power LOVE people that don't crave more information, whether it's politics or games (which falls under acting as a consumer). And now they've got a whole world full of them. I'll never understand it, nor want to. I can't even watch TV news in my country anymore, as it gives one anything but news and information. The internet is the only place to find out information now, and that's going to change now that net neutrality has died. Glad I'm checking out soon.

ADDED: Just got it. Thanks for the info, and please, if you can, remember the additional manuals and see if at some point gog could add them. Thanks.
Post edited May 22, 2014 by OldFatGuy
JudasIscariot: Sorry but no :(
OldFatGuy: Okay, thanks.

Still going to buy it here. And hope that some day they come as bonus material, or I can find some "other" way of obtaining them. I'm anal about manuals, and one of my favorite things about acquiring a new game back in the day was opening up that 100 page very thorough manual and reading every page of it before I even installed the game.

I don't know why people today don't want more information about games, but apparently they don't as manuals just aren't in vogue anymore, and most especially in depth manuals with very technical details. People today also aren't into more information when it comes to politics and consumer choices and citizen rights and responsibilities either, so I guess it's the world we live in.

Believe me, those in power LOVE people that don't crave more information, whether it's politics or games (which falls under acting as a consumer). And now they've got a whole world full of them. I'll never understand it, nor want to. I can't even watch TV news in my country anymore, as it gives one anything but news and information. The internet is the only place to find out information now, and that's going to change now that net neutrality has died. Glad I'm checking out soon.

ADDED: Just got it. Thanks for the info, and please, if you can, remember the additional manuals and see if at some point gog could add them. Thanks.
Yeah, I guess we're just "old School" bro. I love the manuals too. I think we've both commented on this in another thread or two in the past. I used to always love diggin into the manuals that came with the physical copies of games, and then as things went digital..printing them out. The more details, the better. It's just nice to be able to flip through it while playing, to refer to them for unit types, weapons, strengths, weaknesses, ect., the list goes on. Sometimes you can locate a good wiki, but it's just not the same....

Hope they end up adding those expanded manuals as well
Zoltan999: Yeah, I guess we're just "old School" bro. I love the manuals too. I think we've both commented on this in another thread or two in the past. I used to always love diggin into the manuals that came with the physical copies of games, and then as things went digital..printing them out. The more details, the better. It's just nice to be able to flip through it while playing, to refer to them for unit types, weapons, strengths, weaknesses, ect., the list goes on. Sometimes you can locate a good wiki, but it's just not the same....

I did some more checking, and apparently the ONLY thing that the "digital deluxe" version has that this gog version doesn't have is those two "expanded" manuals. Given the state of "standard" manuals today, it really looks to me like what they've done is made good, thorough manuals, like back in the day, and are charging for them by calling it the "digital deluxe" version. And these are just PDF versions too. I should have checked more thoroughly before, because NO WAY IN HELL would I have bought this game and supported such a company had a been more aware before. I thought there was more to the digital deluxe version that (technically there is in that it includes the soundtrack, but that's already included here at gog) so basically now companies that do go to the trouble of doing thorough manuals have decided to charge for doing that. The same thing that was standard when I started buying computer games.

And, of course, the gaming consumers will support such a thing so that it too becomes the new norm in the future. I did it before being better informed, but I won't be buying anything else from this company.

Imagine the world we're going towards. $49.99 for a game, probably a monthly subscription fee of $0.99 for always on DRM, plus $3.99 for a manual, and then the game is still only "yours" as long as you're connected to the internet and still paying the $0.99 a month fee (this will be explained as necessary for upkeep of the DRM servers and patching expenses). And I have NO DOUBT todays gaming consumers will eat it up, so long as they CAN PLAY A GOOD GAME!!!!!

*sigh*
Zoltan999: Yeah, I guess we're just "old School" bro. I love the manuals too. I think we've both commented on this in another thread or two in the past. I used to always love diggin into the manuals that came with the physical copies of games, and then as things went digital..printing them out. The more details, the better. It's just nice to be able to flip through it while playing, to refer to them for unit types, weapons, strengths, weaknesses, ect., the list goes on. Sometimes you can locate a good wiki, but it's just not the same....

OldFatGuy: I did some more checking, and apparently the ONLY thing that the "digital deluxe" version has that this gog version doesn't have is those two "expanded" manuals. Given the state of "standard" manuals today, it really looks to me like what they've done is made good, thorough manuals, like back in the day, and are charging for them by calling it the "digital deluxe" version. And these are just PDF versions too. I should have checked more thoroughly before, because NO WAY IN HELL would I have bought this game and supported such a company had a been more aware before. I thought there was more to the digital deluxe version that (technically there is in that it includes the soundtrack, but that's already included here at gog) so basically now companies that do go to the trouble of doing thorough manuals have decided to charge for doing that. The same thing that was standard when I started buying computer games.

And, of course, the gaming consumers will support such a thing so that it too becomes the new norm in the future. I did it before being better informed, but I won't be buying anything else from this company.

Imagine the world we're going towards. $49.99 for a game, probably a monthly subscription fee of $0.99 for always on DRM, plus $3.99 for a manual, and then the game is still only "yours" as long as you're connected to the internet and still paying the $0.99 a month fee (this will be explained as necessary for upkeep of the DRM servers and patching expenses). And I have NO DOUBT todays gaming consumers will eat it up, so long as they CAN PLAY A GOOD GAME!!!!!

*sigh*
Shit, that's total bullshit. Had I known that, I wouldn't have bought it either....charging more for manuals? I also won't be buying anything more from them. I have no doubt many of today's gamers will be happy to pay for every little thing the producers and publishers shovel at them. For the most part, the whole new generation of gamers are growing up with it, generally won't see anything wrong with it, and go right along for the ride. It's just sad.... I noticed quite a few GOGers in other threads stating they prefer just waiting for GOTY editions and such (Complete, Ultimate, ect.) to make an appearance, before buying these days. I can certainly understand that thinking.