It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Because if i don't use the compatibility mode, i just can't launch the game... Why ? i don't know apparently the direct 3d patch from gog did that ... before that i worked perfectly fine so :/ is there a way to get those bugs out ? i enjoy the game in a higher résolution cause 640/480 is really not good :/
This question / problem has been solved by DeMignonimage
nohiro: Because if i don't use the compatibility mode, i just can't launch the game... Why ? i don't know apparently the direct 3d patch from gog did that ... before that i worked perfectly fine so :/ is there a way to get those bugs out ? i enjoy the game in a higher résolution cause 640/480 is really not good :/
Use ..\Dungeon Keeper 2\DKII.exe to start the game and not the Desktop shortcut or any other executable (like DKII-DX.exe), otherwise the registry settings are ignored.
Don't use Compatibility Mode and don't run it with another account.

If the game starts with DKII.EXE, but you get a black background in the main menu or a crash, hardware acceleration might not work properly, so we switch to software mode.
- Quit the game and open regedit (press Windows-Key + R to open the run dialog and enter regedit)
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bullfrog Productions Ltd\Dungeon Keeper II\Configuration\Video
- Set "Engine Id" to "4"
- Set "Screen Hardware3D" to "0"
- Restart the game and check if it's running. If so, quit the game and we try changing the resolution

Now edit "Screen Width" and "Screen Height" in the registry at above mentioned location
- Make sure you enter the values in Decimal and not in Hexadecimal
- Not every resolution works, in my case the game runs with 1280x800, but e.g. with 1680x1050 it crashes to desktop, try 800x600 or 1024x748 for a start
- The main menu will still use a low res, the higher resolutions only show in-game
Post edited January 30, 2015 by DeMignon
nohiro: Because if i don't use the compatibility mode, i just can't launch the game... Why ? i don't know apparently the direct 3d patch from gog did that ... before that i worked perfectly fine so :/ is there a way to get those bugs out ? i enjoy the game in a higher résolution cause 640/480 is really not good :/
DeMignon: Use ..\Dungeon Keeper 2\DKII.exe to start the game and not the Desktop shortcut or any other executable (like DKII-DX.exe), otherwise the registry settings are ignored.
Don't use Compatibility Mode and don't run it with another account.

If the game starts with DKII.EXE, but you get a black background in the main menu or a crash, hardware acceleration might not work properly, so we switch to software mode.
- Quit the game and open regedit (press Windows-Key + R to open the run dialog and enter regedit)
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bullfrog Productions Ltd\Dungeon Keeper II\Configuration\Video
- Set "Engine Id" to "4"
- Set "Screen Hardware3D" to "0"
- Restart the game and check if it's running. If so, quit the game and we try changing the resolution

Now edit "Screen Width" and "Screen Height" in the registry at above mentioned location
- Make sure you enter the values in Decimal and not in Hexadecimal
- Not every resolution works, in my case the game runs with 1280x800, but e.g. with 1680x1050 it crashes to desktop, try 800x600 or 1024x748 for a start
- The main menu will still use a low res, the higher resolutions only show in-game
The DKII.exe got the same problem...

In the regedit the engine Id it allready set to 4 and when i turn the hardware 3d to 0 nothing happens still the same glithcy black screen with the image on the right top left corner like 1/100 of the screen glitchy as hell)

So nope that just does not work for me. so yeah i can change de résolution but if the compatility mode in 640*480 is on... there's no point to change the resolution... I just dont understand why it worked like 3-4 months ago and now it doenst...

i need to admit that i'm a bit tired of this... 2 days and nothing works like it should... my pc is up to date... so i don't know. i wish taht i just could download a non patched version directly from gog :/

By any chance... having two screen can cause that kind of problems ?
Maybe it's from the new drivers from nvidia... i really don't know :/ does some of you have a SLi of gtx 770 ?
Post edited January 30, 2015 by nohiro
Actually i found a solution "to my problem" Apparently the GEFORCE GAME READY DRIVER Version: 347.25 WHQL cause the screen to be black, i just retrograde my drivers to an old version of september 2014... and now it works.

it's strange but it's like that , can the gog.com staff verify that ?

Im' using a GTX 770 and the bug happend with the Version: 347.25 WHQL geforce drivers.

Works perfectly on: 337.88 WHQL geforce drivers.

So the problem is not really solved... how can i be sure that the next nvidia drivers don't f* everything up again ?
Thanks for the feedback. So it seems to be a driver issue after all. That's a bummer, as we've had this before, but it got sorted out. New drivers, new issues with backwards compatibility :-/
Post edited January 30, 2015 by DeMignon
DeMignon: Thanks for the feedback. So it seems to be a driver issue after all. That's a bummer, as we've had this before, but it got sorted out. New drivers, new issues with backwards compatibility :-/
Yeah... I knew i wasn't the only one (apparently an other guy have the same issue, you allready responded to him) . I'll wait for a new driver release. to test it etc, if the future releases works i will post that in the STICKY: Dungeon Keeper 2 Hardware Acceleration Fix is now LIVE!

Thanks for the help :)
nohiro: .. I'll wait for a new driver release. to test it etc, if the future releases works i will post that in the STICKY: Dungeon Keeper 2 Hardware Acceleration Fix is now LIVE!
You're very welcome. Keeping us posted would be great! I can't test the Nvidia drivers myself here.