It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

KeeperFX 0.5.0 has been released. See here.

What's new in KeeperFX 0.5.0

To see the full change list, look here.

Some of the highlights:
Some of the highlights:

* Allowed the game to render more, so we can zoom out further and see further in possession
* Game plays in higher frame rates, without it affecting gameplay
* Screen flickering in possession is fixed
* Fixed computer players not casting any spells (0.4.9 bug)
* Multiplayer improvements, added UDP as a protocol
* Map getting explored through corners fixed
* One-click-drag mode for building and selling, and bridges
* Normalized sound settings
* Map and Minimap improvements
* Reduced the voice spam of the mentor, and provided volume control for him
* Fixed computer players keeping Call to Arms on for longer than intended

There's new controls too, very important. Look here

Instructions

KeeperFX 0.5.0 Complete is delivered as a complete installation, but requires a legally owned copy of Dungeon Keeper for copyright reasons. An original version (Disk, GOG, etc) is used to play, so after extracting the archive run the included Launcher and select 'Installation' to copy the required files over. Do not overwrite KeeperFX versions 0.4.8 or earlier or you will have problems.

Installation instructions can be found on the official wiki. If you have any problems with the release, feel free to share here or on Keeperklan. There's also a troubleshooting section on the Keeperklan Discord. Note that you will be asked for the contents of the keeperfx.log file. Music files need to be downloaded separately if you want to have the game music play without your cd in your drive.

Music files need to be downloaded separately if you want to have the game music play without your cd in your drive.
Post edited December 31, 2022 by Loobinex
I found this by chance and now found this post by chance also. Great work :D
First I gotta say, amazing job with KeeperFX, it really revitalized the game! Secondly, I was wondering if there is any way to access the sound files for specific speeches by the mentor, such as "Beware, The Lord of the Land approaches"? All I can find are DAT files which I cannot do anything with.
The .dat files could be extracted with dksound from the dktools, but easier is to just find your sound here and download it: https://github.com/dkfans/FXsounds
Is there any way of installing the engine improvements and not the gameplay changes?
Zingrad: Is there any way of installing the engine improvements and not the gameplay changes?
There is not. But the original campaign is maintained to play out as closely as possible to original even after the bug fixes. By far the biggest gameplay changes are the modern interface options like zooming with a scroll-wheel and 1-click build, and I guess you could disable a lot of that in the 'define keys' menu.

There's also a 'legacy' rule set available that tries to emulate the bugged stats as closely as possible, and re-enables some of the actual bugs. It's easy to mod your game to get a lot of the bugs back, but not all. You won't get the traps crates filling up your workshop again that cannot be placed for example.
nm, this is for Dungeon Keeprt 1 only?
Post edited February 04, 2023 by igoreksaf
igoreksaf: nm, this is for Dungeon Keeprt 1 only?
Yes
Any chance to add a 'drag selection' to tiles to dig? (like in DK2)
(instead of having to dig tiles one by one)
Thanks!
Post edited August 18, 2023 by Csimbi
Csimbi: Any chance to add a 'drag selection' to tiles to dig? (like in DK2)
(instead of having to dig tiles one by one)
Thanks!
Not just a chance, that's already there.
https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/wiki/New-In-Game-Commands#one-click-build