It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It came from the jungle!

Flight of the Amazon Queen, a classic point-and-click adventure that takes you through a story taken straight out of 1940s pulp magazines, full of witty humor and top-notch pixel-art graphics, is available on GOG.com as a FREE download!

My name's Joe King, and this is my story. Unbelievable as it may seem, it is a true story. You might not believe me, that's OK. I don't care much. You wanna know why? That's because when you get to tell someone your story, chances are there won't be any Hollywood stars in it, no mad scientists, now ancient temples lost in the jungle, and no plots of world domination. Sure, your story might be exciting too, maybe even weird at times just like mine, but I'm well damn sure your's won't have a super-scientific dino-ray in it! Well, mine has one. So, grab a cold one and let me tell you the tale of a certain journey. It all began with the girl...

Flight of the Amazon Queen is a point-and-click classic sporting traditional, beautiful pixel-art graphics, funny writing, a grand story based on many prolific pulp fiction clichés, and lots of full-speech in-game dialog. You will instantly fall in love with the story's mood and pacing, and the brilliant puzzles will keep you entertained for many hours. To read a story like that in the 1940, you'd have to pay whole 10¢. Today, as a part of GOG.com 5th birthday celebration, you can play for it absolutely FREE!

Find out what mysteries the jungle holds, foil the plot of an evil genius, present great bravery, let your wit shine, and--finally--get the girl in Flight of the Amazon Queen, available free of charge on GOG.com!
YAY!!! Thank you GOG ;-)
keeveek: I don't get it. Why don't you just download it? It's free anyway. You have to wait until GOG hands it to you on a silver plate or what?
Crosmando: You could say that about almost every old game that isn't on GOG. You know, abandonware and such.
Except Flight of the Amazon Queen was not abandonware, it has been freeware and thus legal for anyone to download since 2004.
Post edited September 20, 2013 by spindown
Thanks for another free game, GOG! Can't ever have too many P&C adventure games.
Azilut: Thanks for another free game, GOG! Can't ever have too many P&C adventure games.
So much this. :p
Thanks GOG for this great FREE game !!
Crosmando: You could say that about almost every old game that isn't on GOG. You know, abandonware and such.
spindown: Except Flight of the Amazon Queen was not abandonware, it has been freeware and thus legal for anyone to download since 2004.
The "Making Of" is specific to the GOG release, afaik! Take a peek, it's interesting.

Just saying, John Passfield put in a bit of time to make that for GOG.
mrking58: Wishedlisted again. Looks awesome but I can't afford it
Novotnus: I bought it for you: 9W4U6YPKVLDU9YLZ
:)
Dang, somebody has already taken the code :(
Thanks anyway, for your good heart , mista :)
Post edited September 20, 2013 by Tarhiel
I've been checking in all day pondering if I wanted to buy this for old time's sake and I only just now noticed it's free.

Someone shoot me! :P
Novotnus: I bought it for you: 9W4U6YPKVLDU9YLZ
:)
Tarhiel: Dang, somebody has already taken the code :(
Thanks anyway, for your good heart , mista :)
lol I beat you :) I am now enjoying Flight of the Amazon Queen for FREE while you are playing a PAID game lol lol lol
VanishedOne: From the 'making of' booklet:

We even created an interactive interview using the game engine that came on the cover
disk of some magazines. Readers could play the role of a magazine journalist and visit us
on the set of Flight of the Amazon Queen to ask us questions about the game – after
solving a few adventure game puzzles of course!
VanishedOne: Does anyone know whether anybody's ever tried to get this working in ScummVM? (Assuming the files are obtainable in the first place.)
Yes, I played it and it work perfectly on ScummVM, very cute idea for promotion.

You could download it from ScummVM demo page:

http://scummvm.org/demos/
Whoa, another free game! Thank you, GoodOldGames!
VanishedOne: From the 'making of' booklet:

Does anyone know whether anybody's ever tried to get this working in ScummVM? (Assuming the files are obtainable in the first place.)
Ingsoc85: Yes, I played it and it work perfectly on ScummVM, very cute idea for promotion.

You could download it from ScummVM demo page:

http://scummvm.org/demos/
Cheers. :-)
Thank you very much!!!
tfishell: The "Making Of" is specific to the GOG release, afaik! Take a peek, it's interesting.

Just saying, John Passfield put in a bit of time to make that for GOG.
Thanks, I'll check it out.
high rated
keeveek: I don't get it. Why don't you just download it? It's free anyway. You have to wait until GOG hands it to you on a silver plate or what?
As a matter of fact, I already own the retail-version and have downloaded the "abandoned" version of DreamWeb.

Nonetheless I would very much appreciate, if I could get it here on GOG.com, too.

And no - GOG doesn't has to hand it to me on a silver plate - I would even be willing to pay for it. Once again.

But while we're on it: what exactly is your problem?

Since (actually not so) recently, I find most, if not all of your comments bearing a certain hostility against gog /gog users.

When everything on this site upsets you so much - then why not just leave it behind and go searching for new fields of activity?

Just a modest proposal.