It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BIT.TRIP Runner

Put it on hold over a year ago due to frustration when I was only 3 levels from the end.. Now after being frustrated with Super Hexagon came back and beat those levels in 6 hours. For optimum steady 60fps had to play game in tiny 640x360 window.

Anyway, fun game, but very hard. I have no hope of ever getting the PERFECT difficulty/achievements, but I'm fine with that. Next - Super Hexagon! (in theory)
kalirion: BIT.TRIP Runner

Put it on hold over a year ago due to frustration when I was only 3 levels from the end.. Now after being frustrated with Super Hexagon came back and beat those levels in 6 hours. For optimum steady 60fps had to play game in tiny 640x360 window.

Anyway, fun game, but very hard. I have no hope of ever getting the PERFECT difficulty/achievements, but I'm fine with that. Next - Super Hexagon! (in theory)
Loved Bit.Trip.Runner. It beat me into submission, but it was glorious rhythmic submission :o

And I'm also slowly working my way through Super Hexagon (I doubt I'll ever be able to do it though, it's many times harder than BTR).
Just finished Breath of Death
Fun and Funny but could get a bit repetitive because you tend to formulate one battle plan and stick to it...
Complete list:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post107
Post edited April 02, 2013 by Fever_Discordia
Finished Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
Nice little gem, I really like humour in this game (although it can be sometimes too childish, but I don't care :D) and all references to other games. Graphics is nice, but nothing extra, music and sounds are good (but there's no voice acting :/). I encountered several bugs, nothing big, but still annoying. There are other things which didn't make me very happy, but overal this game is really, really good. I played in on normal difficulty. For me - 80/100. Got this game from Ian, so thank you very much mate. ;)

And once more I got all Steam achievements :p (I'm starting to see a pattern here :D).

Onward to GT2. :D
Primordia.

Great little adventure game. Dialog and story were good in this game and most of the puzzles were pretty good/logical though there were a few that took me quite some time to figure out. Had a couple of times I missed some vital items because I didn't sweep the screen well enough the first time. It's well worth grabbing for any adventure game fans.
Latest

Demon's Souls
Killzone HD
Sonic Generations (Now to collect all the extra's)
Post edited April 02, 2013 by Master911
16. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves- PS3; 4/2/2013 8/10- This game is better than the first in several respects (& the extreme lack of Sully, who I could have swore appeared more, isn't one of them). The gameplay is much more refined, the diversity of settings is very welcome (as opposed to the seemingly endless supply of Jungle & fortress levels from the first game) & the villains (particularly Flynn) are just that much more hatable. That being said, the biggest complaint I have about this game compared to the original is its story.... its just not as good. Drake just seems to do stupid thing after stupid thing simply because he views doing so as the "right" thing to do (or at least because he wants to get in Elena's pants.... either or). I'd also like to add that, even though he keeps putting himself in all of these stupid ass Hero situations, he is clearly not a hero (no matter how many times the secondary characters refer to him as one). In the course of just the first two games he has murdered thousands of people (which thankfully at least SOMEBODY has called him out on), robbed a museum & beat the shit out of its innocent guards, robbed multiple graves, & basically caused (what we can assume is) a great deal of casualties due to the antagonists pursuing him. If we get into the next two games, one of which is a prequel & the other which has parts where he was around 13 or so (therefore also featuring prequel segments), the list of unheroic deeds he has committed up to this point grow even further... all for the sake of greed mind you. The saddest part of the hero concept of this game is the fact that 9/10 times he ends up failing & fucking things up way more than if he had he just ignored the situation & let them play out on their own. For example *MINOR SPOILER* had Nate just left Elena's camera guy (Jeff I believe) behind his group could have potentially escaped, he wouldn't have lost the map & Dagger & Jeff might have actually have survived as he wouldn't have had a bullet put in his brain. This is made even more annoying by the fact that as important as this character was made out to be Elena & Drake, that they couldn't leave him behind, five minutes after his death the two are cracking jokes. IF HE WAS SO FUCKING UNIMPORTANT TO YOU THAT YOU ARE CRACKING JOKES AFTER HIS DEATH, THEN WHY DID YOU PUT YOUR LIFE IN EXTREME DANGER JUST TO SAVE HIM!? Fucking stupid. *END SPOILER*

Overall though, I find the game to be much more enjoyable than the first & much more enjoyable than the first time i played it as well (Of course, that could be due to me going through a nasty breakup at the time). I would easily recommend it to any fans of the action adventure genre.

Full List
Post edited April 22, 2013 by Roberttitus
Slow start for me.

Little Inferno (I do not recommend this game.)
Mark of the Ninja (I do recommend this game!)
Finished Brutal Legend yesterday and it was a great game: great visuals and great music (enven though I do not particularly love metal music). Gameplay was ok and the game lasted for about 15 hours.

This year :
- Amnesia Fortnight Prototypes
- Brutal Legend
- Host Master and the Conquest of Humor
- Host Master Deux: Quest for Identity
- I Am Alive
- Splinter Cell: Conviction
- Syndicate
- The Blackwell Legacy
- The Cave
- The Darkness II
- The Experiment (Experience 112)
Not many so far:
- Duke Nukem 3D (actually I've beat most of it last year after I got it for free during 'apocalypse' promo, it took me around a week to finish)
- Blood 2 (I used to own a box copy of this game, then I swapped it with my classmate for his copy of SiN; it was worst kind of experience any game could offer, I had to force myself to play it, took me three weeks to finish it because of how bad and dull it was)
- Spelunky (one of my comfort games, I usually play it while listening to podcasts)
- 400 Years (short flash game)
- Peggle Deluxe (beat it just recently; it was available for free for limited time)

Edit: Updated in 2015 from memory:
- Blood (just the main campaign - overall great, gets repetitive about 3/4 in due to samey looking levels)
- Closure
- Beneath a Steel Sky
- Bastion (I'm not entirely sure on that one, could be 2012)
- The Walking Dead (it was OK, but I was not blown away by any means)
- Thomas Was Alone (again not quite sure if it belongs here, but whatever)
- Ys VI - The Ark of Napishtim (this is an excellent action RPG, got me hooked to the whole series)

That's all I remember.
Post edited February 15, 2015 by uxtull
Mark of the Ninja yesterday.
Alan Wake (PC). I'm not one of those kinds of PC gamers who thinks that every game is inherently better on PC, but I do find that this is sometimes the case. Alan Wake is one of these cases. I like the Xbox 360 version, but the PC version is just a little bit... tighter, if that makes sense. It doesn't have the weird, floaty aiming from the 360 version, making the combat a bit more for (or, at least, less aggravating). Also, the DLC was pretty fun.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare (PC). Story-wise, this game is obviously inferior to the original Alan Wake. But gameplay-wise and, ultimately, fun-wise, AWAN is far superior. Sure, it is a bit easier due to the abundance of ammo, the faster recharging flashlight, and the easier-to-burn-away-the-Darkness-enemies (I have no idea how else to say that), but the faster, more enjoyable combat fits the smaller, faster plot of AWAN quite well. Plus, Fight-'Till-Dawn is awesome.
Daedalus1138: Alan Wake's American Nightmare (PC). Story-wise, this game is obviously inferior to the original Alan Wake. But gameplay-wise and, ultimately, fun-wise, AWAN is far superior.
-cough-
...so i suppose the usa market aiming the supposedly worked...
iippo: -cough-
I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say here, but if it'll help, let me clarify. I don't think American Nightmare is a better game. I just had more fun playing it. I also had fun playing Alan Wake, just not as much fun as I had playing American Nightmare. Overall, Alan Wake is the more satisfying of the two, because it has fun gameplay and a strong narrative (even if the narrative didn't quite finish).

If you are saying that the developers were aiming for the US market by making the gameplay faster and easier, well, I suppose in my case that worked to an extent. I can't really help if I had more fun playing American Nightmare than I had when playing Alan Wake. But that doesn't mean I like the game as a whole more than Alan Wake because I liked one element of American Nightmare's gameplay more than I liked that same element in Alan Wake.
iippo: -cough-
Daedalus1138: I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say here, but if it'll help, let me clarify. I don't think American Nightmare is a better game. I just had more fun playing it. I also had fun playing Alan Wake, just not as much fun as I had playing American Nightmare. Overall, Alan Wake is the more satisfying of the two, because it has fun gameplay and a strong narrative (even if the narrative didn't quite finish).

If you are saying that the developers were aiming for the US market by making the gameplay faster and easier, well, I suppose in my case that worked to an extent. I can't really help if I had more fun playing American Nightmare than I had when playing Alan Wake. But that doesn't mean I like the game as a whole more than Alan Wake because I liked one element of American Nightmare's gameplay more than I liked that same element in Alan Wake.
Each to their own taste ofcourse, certain not everyone has to like same games :)

Anyway i just have vague memory of reading somewhere that the American Nightmare was developed more "american console gamers in mind" - but no idea where i could have picked that up.

Whatever the case, i felt AN was huge let down after playing through the original Alan Wake and its bonus episodes. It just felt plain cheap on every level. I DID finish it, as i knew it was short and i had paid for it too ;) ...though i am seriously hoping if there is going to me more Wake, its more in the spirit of the first one (which is not perfect, but did quite much right).

-------

Just in case that i dont accidently derail the thread:

-Anomaly Warzone Earth (about month ago)
-Deadlight (couple months ago)
-Unmechanical (jan)