It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Charge up for adventure!

Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure, the modern installment of the classic series, in which the PC gaming's iconic private investigator returns with his fedora, trenchcoat, glorious Full-Motion Video camp, and--who could expect that--amnesia, is now available 10% off for pre-orders on GOG.com. That's $17.99 <s>until April 22</s> until May 7, when the game is expected to arrive. Pre-ordering on GOG.com yields you a special bonus in the form of the game's full soundtrack and one classic Tex Murphy game of your choice!

[url=http://www.gog.com/game/tesla_effect_a_tex_murphy_adventure][/url]In Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure the classic adventure hero wakes up--disoriented and head pounding--on the fire escape outside his office atop the Ritz Hotel. Another typical morning for the last of the old-school detectives. Except it isn’t. What starts out as the worst hangover in history becomes a baffling nightmare: something--or someone--has erased Tex’s memory of the past seven years. Motivated by lost love, revenge, and the world’s strongest coffee blend, Tex must retrace his own steps into a maze of unsolved murders, hidden agendas, and lost technologies of Nikola Tesla. Only by solving the mysteries of his past can Tex hope to regain his memory in time to restore what’s been lost and stop a terrifying future.

If you missed Tex, make sure to pre-order Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure on GOG.com, for only $17.99. You'll get instant access to the game's soundtrack (both MP3 and FLAC format), and a special gift-code allowing you to redeem one classic Tex Murphy game of your choice will be sent to you via e-mail by the end of the week. This special pre-order offer lasts <s>until April 22</s> until May 7, when the game is (currently) scheduled for launch.

EDIT:
As per Big Finish Games' statement, the release of Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure is postponed to allow the developer some more fine-polishing of the anticipated game. The current expected release date is May 7, 2014. We're sorry if this delay causes you any inconvenience!
Send a new email to BFG some times ago. Seems like they're playing the dead. Avoid the problem, good idea.
Lord_Britania: Send a new email to BFG some times ago. Seems like they're playing the dead. Avoid the problem, good idea.
I think they're being slammed by emails. The backer forums are pretty much a hotbed of activity from angry people, including myself.
Of course they're slammed, but it's part of the job. Playing dead of whining like Phil Fish did one or two years ago is really a bad idea. It makes just the whole thing even worse.
If I haven't received ANY code... I'm guessing that is a BF issue?
No code at all, if your spam folder is empty then yes you should email them.
Ok, installed it, copying the game to a drive without Steam on it. I did run a test that moved most of Steam's root files elsewhere like I read, it started up fine, so I'm going to try elsewhere. The game does have to be run once though in order to do this.
TwilightBard: Ok, installed it, copying the game to a drive without Steam on it. I did run a test that moved most of Steam's root files elsewhere like I read, it started up fine, so I'm going to try elsewhere. The game does have to be run once though in order to do this.
Just to be absolutely clear - could you please, elaborate on what exactly the part I highlighted mean?
HypersomniacLive: Just to be absolutely clear - could you please, elaborate on what exactly the part I highlighted mean?
Basically, you need to run the game once to do the first time setup stuff that Steam does. After that, you can do whatever you want. I moved the entire game folder onto a completely different drive (In this case, the drive that is storing all of my GOG titles), and was able to run it fine without Steam.

As far as backers go...I don't consider this a solution to DRM-Free like they claim...I mean hell I would rather have been given a GOG key myself. I'm trying to be hopeful that things will be sorted out eventually.
TwilightBard: Basically, you need to run the game once to do the first time setup stuff that Steam does. After that, you can do whatever you want. I moved the entire game folder onto a completely different drive (In this case, the drive that is storing all of my GOG titles), and was able to run it fine without Steam.

As far as backers go...I don't consider this a solution to DRM-Free like they claim...I mean hell I would rather have been given a GOG key myself. I'm trying to be hopeful that things will be sorted out eventually.
It's not, it still requires that first time online activation through the Steam client. And that goes to prove that even the games alleged to be DRM-free on Steam are not truly such, even if you can move their folder elsewhere and play without the Steam client, simply because that's all after the initial installation and online activation.

When the Kickstarter campaign went up and inquires about the DRM status started, BFG wanted online activation (they even said, just like with a Steam account). Then people withdrew their pledges or told them they wouldn't back it, BFG back-pedalled and guaranteed that there would be no DRM, no need for an Internet connection to install and a different delivery method for those not wanting Steam. Everybody rejoiced and we all became happy backers - I know I backed it only after this clear commitment. Now, everyone that did not back Tex gets a truly DRM-free option, while we are stuck with... their initial plan of online activation despite their promises and guarantees of the opposite.

I still hope that it's just a miscommunication mess and we'll get our GOG codes (after all, they've been already sent to them).

Thanks for the reply.
if only i had more time to play it.... This looks like it might be the most promising kickstarted adventure yet.
TwilightBard: Basically, you need to run the game once to do the first time setup stuff that Steam does. After that, you can do whatever you want. I moved the entire game folder onto a completely different drive (In this case, the drive that is storing all of my GOG titles), and was able to run it fine without Steam.

HypersomniacLive: It's not, it still requires that first time online activation through the Steam client. And that goes to prove that even the games alleged to be DRM-free on Steam are not truly such, even if you can move their folder elsewhere and play without the Steam client, simply because that's all after the initial installation and online activation.

When the Kickstarter campaign went up and inquires about the DRM status started, BFG wanted online activation (they even said, just like with a Steam account). Then people withdrew their pledges or told them they wouldn't back it, BFG back-pedalled and guaranteed that there would be no DRM, no need for an Internet connection to install and a different delivery method for those not wanting Steam. Everybody rejoiced and we all became happy backers - I know I backed it only after this clear commitment. Now, everyone that did not back Tex gets a truly DRM-free option, while we are stuck with... their initial plan of online activation despite their promises and guarantees of the opposite.

I still hope that it's just a miscommunication mess and we'll get our GOG codes (after all, they've been already sent to them).

Thanks for the reply.
but it was also stated on kickstarter that altought the games would be DRM free the game would need to activated once & then you could play without steam!
plumgas: but it was also stated on kickstarter that altought the games would be DRM free the game would need to activated once & then you could play without steam!
Could you please provide a link to this statement on Kickstarter?

Because you can check here (and a few more in that thread) that their last word (along with the DRM-free update) says the exact opposite. And there are more people that received this kind of PM from BFG.

And if you're the same plumgas in the backer's only section on the BFG forum, please take a moment and read the whole message they sent HuckleBarry which he posted here.
Steam is not DRM-free, even if the game has no CEG on it, the very fact that you need to use a third-party client application to download the game is DRM. It would be entirely different if Steam had a browser option for downloading DRM-free games, but they don't. And moreover, I want a GOG.copy simply because most of my games are on GOG and I don't like spreading them out onto other services if I can help it, probably the same reason some people prefer Steam.
Post edited May 07, 2014 by Crosmando
still no key for me. So far no response from devs on my issue. As posted above I specifically asked the kickstarter devs my questions about Steam to which they answered very plainly I would receive a non-steam option. That question was asked in the context of whether or not I was willing to back them.... it doesn't get any worse than this as far as how a developer treats its customers... lies and theft. (hopefully they will resolve the key issue, but apparently on their own time table. Unfortunately for them I'm only giving them till end of today before I start seeking options to reclaim my lost money and officially report them).

Sadly I won't be buying this game here on GOG... I've already paid $50.00 and still don't have the game. The only way I would ever play this game if I could be guaranteed the devs didn't get 1 penny of my money... and I think I'm done trusting "guarantees" as BFG sure didn't keep their end of the deal.

No more kickstarters, no more preorders. To ALL devs... would be nice if you held each other accountable in various ways... this company just lost all of you pre-sales.
hucklebarry: No more kickstarters, no more preorders. To ALL devs... would be nice if you held each other accountable in various ways... this company just lost all of you pre-sales.
Amen to that! And thank you for holding on to your PMs showing that they DID promise a NON-Steam option!