It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ghorpm: I believe we'll have to wait bit more till every game is updated. 33 games out of 215 from my collection lack v2 installer so it safe to assume that there are at least twice as much games that will get a silent update.
Maighstir: I'm counting 166 v1-installers out of 418 games. All freshly downloaded (or verified) in the last 8 hours or so (takes a while to complete even when the file just need verifying, especially if there's multiple languages, I should try to improve on that).
All right, I'm done fetching the latest installers, and the count did decrease a bit:

131 v1 installers out of 418 games
Post edited October 26, 2013 by Maighstir
adambiser: FYI: The 2.0 installers for Alone in the Dark 2+3 still have the "uninstalling removes all AppCompatFlag Layers values from the registry" bug.

Alone in the Dark 1 is fine. It's just the other two games (found under extras) that have not been fixed.
HypersomniacLive: Following Judas advice, I submitted a support ticket for this about two weeks ago and got a reply on the same day that the Product Team was informed and looking into it. I guess it's a matter of time for the new installer(s) to show up.
OK. That would be the better approach. At least they know.

I've been downloading all my 2.0 installers again because I had one for another game that still had the bug and since this bug was silently fixed without changing the installer version number...
high rated
adambiser: OK. That would be the better approach. At least they know.

I've been downloading all my 2.0 installers again because I had one for another game that still had the bug and since this bug was silently fixed without changing the installer version number...
That's not very comforting, how will we know when the Alone In The Dark 2 & 3 installers are fixed and updated?

HypersomniacLive: That's not very comforting, how will we know when the Alone In The Dark 2 & 3 installers are fixed and updated?
Because I'll let you know about it? :P

edit: Yes, I mean it. Once those installers are fixed and uploaded, I will inform you guys of it.
Post edited October 26, 2013 by JudasIscariot
HypersomniacLive: That's not very comforting, how will we know when the Alone In The Dark 2 & 3 installers are fixed and updated?
JudasIscariot: Because I'll let you know about it? :P
Sorry, i don't think it's a good idea to use this emiticon , we are customers, and to my experience , i noticed in the past several games installers , without any notication , which got their installer version re-used >.< . And the official answer : was we dont have to know about this. It sucks big TIME , when you have downloaded a version , and this behaviour happends. I hope this will be don't happen again....
JudasIscariot: Because I'll let you know about it? :P
DyNaer: Sorry, i don't think it's a good idea to use this emiticon , we are customers, and to my experience , i noticed in the past several games installers , without any notication , which got their installer version re-used >.< . And the official answer : was we dont have to know about this. It sucks big TIME , when you have downloaded a version , and this behaviour happends. I hope this will be don't happen again....
Well, I only used the emoticon to prevent people from thinking I am snapping at them or being rude, which is the last thing I want to do to anyone. I am sorry if my usage of that emoticon is perceived as something other than I intended.
DyNaer: Sorry, i don't think it's a good idea to use this emiticon , we are customers, and to my experience , i noticed in the past several games installers , without any notication , which got their installer version re-used >.< . And the official answer : was we dont have to know about this. It sucks big TIME , when you have downloaded a version , and this behaviour happends. I hope this will be don't happen again....
JudasIscariot: Well, I only used the emoticon to prevent people from thinking I am snapping at them or being rude, which is the last thing I want to do to anyone. I am sorry if my usage of that emoticon is perceived as something other than I intended.
In fairness Judas, this has become a sore spot with people because there is even the need for a thread like this. Your company has customers who obviously do care about changes of ANY kind to the installers and wants to be informed of this. This isn't news. There is zero ambiguity here. It is abundantly clear at this point in time that at least some of your customers want this information and want to make their own decision about whether an update of ANY kind is relevant to them personally or not rather than leave it to somebody at GOG to decide which in many cases has led to no notification of any kind at all. Thus you have people checking large collections of games at home frequently, others writing and running scripts to check for changes, etc.

I can understand and I agree with reserving the update flag on the shelf page to updates that actually change the game itself. That's fine. But I see no reason at all that there cannot be at least a sticky post with an updated change log to replace this thread where you guys let us know every time any installer changes and why it was changed. Simple. Good customer service.

Why exactly does this continue to be a seemingly insurmountable problem?

The old adage comes to mind here that, "The Customer is Always Right." And you know, within reason that is true too. When you can do something simple that makes some number of your customers happy, everybody wins. So why not do it?

This problem is why you have someone being sensitive to what emoticon you choose to use. I hope that helps to clarify the real underlying issue there.
JudasIscariot: Well, I only used the emoticon to prevent people from thinking I am snapping at them or being rude, which is the last thing I want to do to anyone. I am sorry if my usage of that emoticon is perceived as something other than I intended.
That's not the case here : you just don't get it : i personnaly don't mix up emition in this kind , when customers (me and others) think something is wrong : using the same version number is seriously a bad practice, if there no notification at all .... However : I appreciate your hard work , don't get me wrong : but there are really some improvments to do in the communication array ihmo (i don't have the time to check each subforum manually, that's not possible anyway). And i personnaly used the support , used this thread for improvements for months : and nothing. I like GOG, but don't abuse the trust i placed on you.
Post edited October 26, 2013 by DyNaer
dirtyharry50: In fairness Judas, this has become a sore spot with people because there is even the need for a thread like this. Your company has customers who obviously do care about changes of ANY kind to the installers and wants to be informed of this. This isn't news. There is zero ambiguity here. It is abundantly clear at this point in time that at least some of your customers want this information and want to make their own decision about whether an update of ANY kind is relevant to them personally or not rather than leave it to somebody at GOG to decide which in many cases has led to no notification of any kind at all. Thus you have people checking large collections of games at home frequently, others writing and running scripts to check for changes, etc.

I can understand and I agree with reserving the update flag on the shelf page to updates that actually change the game itself. That's fine. But I see no reason at all that there cannot be at least a sticky post with an updated change log to replace this thread where you guys let us know every time any installer changes and why it was changed. Simple. Good customer service.

The old adage comes to mind here that, "The Customer is Always Right." And you know, within reason that is true too. When you can do something simple that makes some number of your customers happy, everybody wins. So why not do it?

This problem is why you have someone being sensitive to what emoticon you choose to use. I hope that helps to clarify the real underlying issue there.
The best course of action I can recommend is to write any and all feedback related to this thorny issue using the Contact Us link. I am sorry if this seems evasive and the like but it's the best I can do under the circumstances. Plus, writing via the the contact us form will give actual numbers regarding the issue and how many people it affects.

Again, I am sorry but that's the best I can offer at this time :(
Post edited October 26, 2013 by JudasIscariot
dirtyharry50: In fairness Judas, this has become a sore spot with people because there is even the need for a thread like this. Your company has customers who obviously do care about changes of ANY kind to the installers and wants to be informed of this. This isn't news. There is zero ambiguity here. It is abundantly clear at this point in time that at least some of your customers want this information and want to make their own decision about whether an update of ANY kind is relevant to them personally or not rather than leave it to somebody at GOG to decide which in many cases has led to no notification of any kind at all. Thus you have people checking large collections of games at home frequently, others writing and running scripts to check for changes, etc.

JudasIscariot: The best course of action I can recommend is to write any and all feedback related to this thorny issue using the Contact Us link. I am sorry if this seems evasive and the like but it's the best I can do under the circumstances. Plus, writing via the the contact us form will give actual numbers regarding the issue and how many people it affects.

Again, I am sorry but that's the best I can offer at this time :(
Well, I appreciate your reply Judas and also that perhaps you aren't in a position to effect change in this matter but that answer doesn't cut the mustard for me personally. You work in an office with what, roughly 50 other people and cannot send an email to the appropriate party about the existence of this thread and the reactions of customers in it? Or maybe you have but they don't give a shit and you of course cannot tell us that or who knows what.

In any event for what it is worth, I don't hold you personally accountable for this but I continue to hold GOG accountable for it. I'm sorry but I'm not wasting my time sending suggestions to a virtual wastebasket. I am a realist. GOG as a company doesn't care about this issue. It's that simple. If they did, they would do something about it but they don't. So, I already have my answer. I was just responding to why somebody might get upset about an emoticon in this thread. I feel they have good reason to be upset by now.

Aside from JudasIscariot or someone else notifying us, the only way is to download and check the digital signature date. The date for those two are in November 16, 2012... so if that ever changes, the bug is likely fixed. You still have to download to check though.

I had an old Blood installer with the bug and decided to redownload before complaining... same installer version, later digital signature, but in this one it was fixed.

I wish we would get red number notifications for these fixes, at least a new version number and if the account page would show the entire installer version... 2.0.0.5 instead of 2.0.0....

But anyway. I do appreciate JudasIscariot telling us and look forward to them being corrected. I just wish things were done differently / better(?).
adambiser: Aside from JudasIscariot or someone else notifying us, the only way is to download and check the digital signature date. The date for those two are in November 16, 2012... so if that ever changes, the bug is likely fixed. You still have to download to check though.

I had an old Blood installer with the bug and decided to redownload before complaining... same installer version, later digital signature, but in this one it was fixed.

I wish we would get red number notifications for these fixes, at least a new version number and if the account page would show the entire installer version... 2.0.0.5 instead of 2.0.0....

But anyway. I do appreciate JudasIscariot telling us and look forward to them being corrected. I just wish things were done differently / better(?).
nope you dont have to download anything at all : place the installer in the same directory name the downloader uses :

if the game's installer has changed (even with the same version number used), the downloader will redownload the whole game.

An installer could have a same version number , but the hash will be different....
high rated
DyNaer: nope you dont have to download anything at all : place the installer in the same directory name the downloader uses :

if the game's installer has changed (even with the same version number used), the downloader will redownload the whole game.

An installer could have a same version number , but the hash will be different....
Yes, I know about this - it's still a bit inconvenient for me as I rename the game folders (the way GOG names them really sucks, imho) and move them to a different partition, yet better than having to actually re-download. Does this work with third-party downloaders other than the GOG Downloader?

What I mean by my question is how do I know when to do this check if the installer version number stays the same? I've seen some users here report that they do a weekly check but I'm too lazy to do this, plus I'd have to give up the way I organize my GOG games.
HypersomniacLive:
I also rename the folders and move them to a different drive after downloading.

I said re-download just because I find it easier than using the GOG downloader to validate (since I'd have to undo everything I've done). plus I sometimes keep older installers... no clue why. Nostalgia I guess. lol
DyNaer: nope you dont have to download anything at all : place the installer in the same directory name the downloader uses :

HypersomniacLive: Yes, I know about this - it's still a bit inconvenient for me as I rename the game folders (the way GOG names them really sucks, imho) and move them to a different partition, yet better than having to actually re-download. Does this work with third-party downloaders other than the GOG Downloader?

What I mean by my question is how do I know when to do this check if the installer version number stays the same? I've seen some users here report that they do a weekly check but I'm too lazy to do this, plus I'd have to give up the way I organize my GOG games.
well the directories names aren't friendly for sure

check ConnieThunder's folder on Skydrive ---->

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_file_sizes_and_md5s/post113

there're 2 batches files, you can edit them to fit your liking (removing the games you don't have aswell)

sure, make a backup before doing anything.

I can't seriously say when to do this , i guess it depends your maximum download speed (if you have many games to grab for the lastest updates), so could be once a week or a month.

I personaly have another method for the games which getting a v2 installer : i maintain a spreadsheet and check only the remaining games which have a v1 installer (about once week). -> way faster. But for the others ones i must count on the others / notification system . But in the case of the same number installer : it's a problem :/

I guess some people here have some skills in coding, which i don't, so i do with what i have or could do.
Post edited October 26, 2013 by DyNaer