It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: Keep in mind that the CD version is flagged off in the installer by default. Not that I am doubting your words but have you gone into the options in the installer?
Tallima: I want to know what the "Show 4 giveaways" means in the pretty yellow text.

Hmmm.....

Thanks for the update on LotR1. I'll have to give it a try. I was just trying the installer a few days back to see if there was a difference. Someone was complaining about LotR2 not working after a recent install, so I tried the install and I didn't notice the difference. Must be very new!
Tampermonkey script to hide giveaways, don't get me wrong, I like them but sometimes there gets to be so many that half the page is filled with them ...which is a good sign of a generous community :)

Well, we put up the updated installer today, hmmmmm, about 2 hours ago, I think :)
Tallima: I want to know what the "Show 4 giveaways" means in the pretty yellow text.

Hmmm.....

Thanks for the update on LotR1. I'll have to give it a try. I was just trying the installer a few days back to see if there was a difference. Someone was complaining about LotR2 not working after a recent install, so I tried the install and I didn't notice the difference. Must be very new!
JudasIscariot: Tampermonkey script to hide giveaways, don't get me wrong, I like them but sometimes there gets to be so many that half the page is filled with them ...which is a good sign of a generous community :)

Well, we put up the updated installer today, hmmmmm, about 2 hours ago, I think :)
Awesome. It'll give me a good reason to try it out. Yippee!
JMich: User script that prevents threads with "Giveaway" in their title from showing.
I'm more interested in the 53 notifications...
All those are update notifications I haven't cleared. All PMs and flagged responses I clear by, well, responding to them :P
Torin68: Installed both old and new LOTR:RE and did a quick comparison with DiffMerge. DOSBox is upgraded from v0.73 to v0.74 and support files changed. GOG installer upgraded. Folders renamed/rearranged. No other major differences found. :(

Guess we keep dreaming about having the CD version <sigh>
JudasIscariot: Keep in mind that the CD version is flagged off in the installer by default. Not that I am doubting your words but have you gone into the options in the installer?
Oh, there's the CD version :-) Thank you!
Gangland to v2
Leaving these games to go v2 for people to check:

1nsane (February 5, 2001)
Alien Nations (July 1, 1999)
Battle Isle - The Andosia War (November 24, 2000)
Beyond Divinity (April 27, 2004)
Blood 2 - The Chosen + Expansion (October 31, 1998)
Call to Power 2 (October 20, 2000)
Carmageddon Max Pack (August 30, 1997)
Celtic Kings - Rage of War (August 27, 2002)
Commandos 2+3 (October 14, 2003)
Creatures - The Albian Years (July 16, 2004)
Creatures Exodus (September 15, 2004)
Creatures Village (October 2, 2001)
Crusaders of Might and Magic (October 30, 1999)
Dark Reign + Expansion (August 31, 1997)
Dark Reign 2 (June 30, 2000)
Darkstone (July 31, 1999)
Descent 3 + Expansion (December 10, 2000)
Desperados - Wanted Dead or Alive (July 23, 2001)
Desperados 2 - Cooper's Revenge (April 28, 2006)
Divine Divinity (September 17, 2002)
Divinity 2 - Developer's Cut (October 18, 2012)
FA-18E Super Hornet (February 29, 2000)
Gangsters - Organized Crime (December 1, 1998)
Hitman - Codename 47 (November 19, 2000)
Hitman 2 - Silent Assassin (October 1, 2002)
I.G.I. 2 - Covert Strike (March 3, 2003)
In Cold Blood (November 30, 2001)
Independence War 2 - Edge of Chaos (June 29, 2001)
Independence War Deluxe (July 31, 1999)
Interstate '76 Arsenal, The (February 28, 1998)
Interstate '82 (October 31, 1999)
King's Quest 7+8 (November 30, 1998)
Krush Kill 'N Destroy Xtreme (October 31, 1997)
Legacy of Kain - Blood Omen 2 (March 20, 2002)
Legacy of Kain - Soul Reaver (September 8, 1999)
Legacy of Kain - Soul Reaver 2 (October 30, 2001)
Manhole - Masterpiece Edition, The (January 1, 1994)
Messiah (March 31, 2000)
Might and Magic 9 (March 28, 2002)
Mobile Forces (May 31, 2002)
Myst - Masterpiece Edition (January 1, 1999)
Myst 5 - End of Ages (Limited Edition) (September 20, 2005)
Outcast (July 31, 1999)
Pandemonium! (June 30, 1997)
Panzer General 3D Assault (September 29, 1999)
Police Quest - SWAT 1+2 (June 30, 1998)
POSTAL - Classic and Uncut (August 29, 2003)
POSTAL 2 Complete (April 14, 2003)
Psychonauts (April 19, 2005)
Puddle (October 18, 2012)
Rayman 2 - The Great Escape (October 31, 1999)
Rayman Forever (May 31, 1999)
Real Myst (November 15, 2000)
Realms of Arkania 1+2 (January 1, 1994)
Realms of Arkania 3 (December 31, 1996)
Red Baron Pack (October 31, 1998)
Riven - The Sequel to Myst (November 30, 1997)
Sensible Soccer 2006 (June 9, 2006)
Septerra Core - Legacy of the Creator (November 11, 1999)
Seven Kingdoms 2 (July 31, 1999)
Silver (August 31, 1999)
Soulbringer (June 30, 2000)
Speed Busters - American Highways (November 30, 1998)
SWAT 3 - Tactical Game of the Year Edition (October 10, 2001)
Tex Murphy - Overseer (March 13, 1998)
The Ball (October 26, 2010)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six (August 22, 1998)
Tomb Raider - The Angel of Darkness (June 20, 2003)
Unreal 2 - The Awakening SE (December 9, 2003)
Unreal Tournament GOTY (October 25, 2000)
Uru - Complete Chronicles (June 4, 2004)
Vampire The Masquerade - Redemption (June 7, 2000)
Warlords Battlecry (July 9, 2000)
Zeus + Poseidon (Acropolis) (September 29, 2000)
Post edited November 21, 2013 by ConnieThunder
Torin68: Installed both old and new LOTR:RE and did a quick comparison with DiffMerge. DOSBox is upgraded from v0.73 to v0.74 and support files changed. GOG installer upgraded. Folders renamed/rearranged. No other major differences found. :(

Guess we keep dreaming about having the CD version <sigh>
Well now, don't I look the proper idiot! :p
Torin68: Well now, don't I look the proper idiot! :p
Nah :D

It was just a case of expecting everything to be flagged ON by default, no worries :)
Hmmm, it seems that AI in HD version of E2140 is broken just like in XP version.

I suddenly lost all interest.
Post edited November 21, 2013 by keeveek
Urrrgh, Lords of the Realm 2 still requires that you kill explorer to not get the messed up color palette, are you aware of this Blues?
keeveek: Hmmm, it seems that AI in HD version of E2140 is broken just like in XP version.

I suddenly lost all interest.
Uh oh! I wonder if they even CAN fix it, ie if they even have the source code or they just implemented new resolutions by hacking the game.
Post edited November 22, 2013 by Crosmando
Crosmando: Urrrgh, Lords of the Realm 2 still requires that you kill explorer to not get the messed up color palette, are you aware of this Blues?
That's a fairly standard issue. There's a utility that works for Fallout, that apparently works with other games as well. I've used it with great success for Starcraft. Maybe give it a go?

Here's a link:
http://www.fallout-archives.com/files/manager/index.php?act=view&amp;id=256
Yeah I know all about that, I was asking because I think it's strange that GOG didn't make LOTR2 kill explorer automatically when it launches, rather than making people do it themselves.
Crosmando: Yeah I know all about that, I was asking because I think it's strange that GOG didn't make LOTR2 kill explorer automatically when it launches, rather than making people do it themselves.
I think some antiviruses wouldn't like that...
Crosmando: Urrrgh, Lords of the Realm 2 still requires that you kill explorer to not get the messed up color palette, are you aware of this Blues?
Noted. Thanks.
Crosmando: Yeah I know all about that, I was asking because I think it's strange that GOG didn't make LOTR2 kill explorer automatically when it launches, rather than making people do it themselves.
Because killing Explorer is not what this tool does, and is not necessary? This tool just creates a reg entry that uses the built-in compatibility feature that resolves the issue.

Killing Explorer is a messy way of doing something that can be resolved with a simple registry fix, wouldn't you say?
staticblast: Because killing Explorer is not what this tool does, and is not necessary? This tool just creates a reg entry that uses the built-in compatibility feature that resolves the issue.

Killing Explorer is a messy way of doing something that can be resolved with a simple registry fix, wouldn't you say?
No way, people do NOT like having things put into their system registry when they install a game, in fact I'd say killing explorer (and then starting it when you exit the game) is less "messy" because you aren't actually changing anything about the user's computer settings, which is a bad no no. Registry entries are how many rootkits, trojans and also how many DRM systems work. It doesn't matter if it's harmless, you shouldn't sell a game which alters your system registry upon installation.