It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

P1na: You horrible person. I had just finished updating all my stuff on the hard disks at home (hadn't been here for 6 months, after all) and just as I took a deep breath thinking "at last!" I got 3 new update notifications.

Sigh. Neverending story.
Careful now, we might send out another update notice :D
Shadowrun and Thief 1 and 2 has universal updates.
Speedball 2 HD get a patch last week on Steam but there is no changelog :S
Anyone knows what the Thief updates do?
jepsen1977: Anyone knows what the Thief updates do?
Judas does
JMich: Judas does
Ah, thx for the info :-)
http://www.gog.com/forum/democracy_3/democracy_3_german_version_has_been_updated_pc
setup_great_battles_ce_2.0.0.16.exe has no time stamp
I did a whole recheck of my whole GOG collection today for the first time in about 3 weeks because of christmas and stuff.

The following things have changed that were not flagged and as far as I can see were not already posted here:

- Alone in the Dark 1-3: alone_in_the_dark_2_3_pc.zip was updated by a new file called alone_in_the_dark_2_3_pc_.zip. I don't really know what's new, I was unable to extract them with innoextract for some reason. The setup files have the same version number but the timestamps are a bit newer (now from March 2013). Mac installers could have changed to, but I don't care about Mac because I don't have one so I don't download these.

- Baldur's Gate: The original Saga: The soundtrack (Baldurs_Gate_OST.zip) got updated by the file BG_OS_Soundtrack.zip. Looks like they only updated the ID3 tags, the track numbers in the old tags did not match the track numbers in the file names.

- Broken Sword: The original version (not Director's Cut) got updated with version increased from 2.0.0.7 to 2.0.0.8. Don't know what changed.

- Evoland: Got a new installer, same version the latest patch had (2.0.1.5) so it should only be an integration of the patch into a new installer.

- Might and Magic 6-Pack: Limited Edition: The maps (mm_maps.zip) got updated by the new file mm_le_maps.zip. Only change is a new scan of the Might & Magic II map. The new scan is smaller but looks much better.

That seems to be all for my games. Sorry if the post was a bit to verbose, but for some reason I was in the mood for that.
Will you update the 1nsane download section with the hungarian version ?
ne_zavarj: Will you update the 1nsane download section with the hungarian version ?
You should ask support directly with something like this. Or open a new thread in the 1nsane subforum, but support rarely reads the forums as far as I know.
Gabelvampir: I did a whole recheck of my whole GOG collection today for the first time in about 3 weeks because of christmas and stuff.

The following things have changed that were not flagged and as far as I can see were not already posted here:

- Alone in the Dark 1-3: alone_in_the_dark_2_3_pc.zip was updated by a new file called alone_in_the_dark_2_3_pc_.zip. I don't really know what's new, I was unable to extract them with innoextract for some reason. The setup files have the same version number but the timestamps are a bit newer (now from March 2013). Mac installers could have changed to, but I don't care about Mac because I don't have one so I don't download these.

- Baldur's Gate: The original Saga: The soundtrack (Baldurs_Gate_OST.zip) got updated by the file BG_OS_Soundtrack.zip. Looks like they only updated the ID3 tags, the track numbers in the old tags did not match the track numbers in the file names.

- Broken Sword: The original version (not Director's Cut) got updated with version increased from 2.0.0.7 to 2.0.0.8. Don't know what changed.

- Evoland: Got a new installer, same version the latest patch had (2.0.1.5) so it should only be an integration of the patch into a new installer.

- Might and Magic 6-Pack: Limited Edition: The maps (mm_maps.zip) got updated by the new file mm_le_maps.zip. Only change is a new scan of the Might & Magic II map. The new scan is smaller but looks much better.

That seems to be all for my games. Sorry if the post was a bit to verbose, but for some reason I was in the mood for that.
Broken Sword & Alone in the Dark 1+2+3 -> fixed compatibility wiping issue (discussed some pages back ;) )

Evoland : all games builds with the same number as the latest patch , are exactly in the situation you discribed. -> but why the patch have been removed :(

Might & Magic 6 LE : there was a post from Judas i believe in the subforum of the serie , but no notifcation...... And yes, the pdf has a higher quality.

missed the OST of BG, thanks :)

About the lack of notifcation , i asked why , but didn't get any answer :(
Post edited January 04, 2014 by DyNaer
Previously I noticed that when the downloader downloaded the 2.0 installers for games, it did not delete the old and now obsolete 1.x installers so I had to manually go in and delete all of the old files myself. I'm noticing now that it appears for the bonus materials at least that the downloader does appear to get rid of obsolete files when the filename changes but it isn't crystal clear. Not sure if it deletes obsolete installers now or not.

Does anyone know what the current behaviour is supposed to be? Basically I want to stay up to date but not end up with new files sitting alongside old obsolete ones, and also would prefer to not have to manually go through one directory at a time for 237 games to eliminate obsolete files and tidy things up. From an administration view it is easier to just delete a game and redownload it periodically to ensure the latest copy is present with no duplicate files or old stuff, but that of course wastes a lot of bandwidth unnecessarily.

Dream feature: a symlink farm on GOG's server from the official files to a per-customer subdirectory on the server that is password protected, and has rsync over ssh support with DSA keys. A cron job runs once a week or so to rsync from GOG.com's repository to the local game mirror, minimally transferring only that which has changed, and purging files that get removed etc. Yeah, I know - too technical and I'm in the 0.01% of customers that would use such a feature. I can dream though right? :)
skeletonbow: Does anyone know what the current behaviour is supposed to be?
Get download link. If filename exists locally, check size. If size matches, mark as complete. If size doesn't match, assume incomplete download. If installer, check hashes, download missing and/or corrupt parts. If extra, continue download from end of file.
At no point was the downloader modifying files it didn't know about.
I might be bitchin', but a RSS feed with at least the name of the games who have been changed would be really helpful.

Without it, I have to let my updates downloader script overnight again (currently it takes several hours to checksum, wait some time in order not to do too many API requests in a short time and compare it to GOG.COM).

Really, this would help soo much ;(
Post edited January 05, 2014 by coffeecup