It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

skeletonbow: Thank you and the rest of the gang at GOG very much for your continued efforts providing improvements and other updates to games like this, it's very much appreciated.
JudasIscariot: Well, I shouldn't have let it go out like it was in the first place so mea culpa on that one :/
zeffyr: I just wonder - shouldn't this thread be a sticky one?
JudasIscariot: You can always favorite this thread or are you talking about the Witcher thread I posted in the game's forum?
I'm talking about this thread. It's somewhat important, as not everyone (yet!) follow GOG's blog.
JudasIscariot: Well, I shouldn't have let it go out like it was in the first place so mea culpa on that one :/

You can always favorite this thread or are you talking about the Witcher thread I posted in the game's forum?
zeffyr: I'm talking about this thread. It's somewhat important, as not everyone (yet!) follow GOG's blog.
There done, enjoy :)

edit: although you know that you have condemned this thread to non-existence right now as most people don't read stickies in a forum :P
Post edited March 24, 2014 by JudasIscariot
zeffyr: I'm talking about this thread. It's somewhat important, as not everyone (yet!) follow GOG's blog.
JudasIscariot: There done, enjoy :)
Whoa, that was fast :-) Thanks!
JudasIscariot: There done, enjoy :)
"Judas casts: Thread invisibility"

Give it 2 weeks, then see if it's still used ;)
Every company's products have some flaws in them though and it's only natural that us humans are invariably going to err from time to time. When issues that arise are acknowledged and fixed rather promptly it is a great testament of great customer support IMHO, and I think GOG does a great job of accomplishing this and putting a good vibe out there for us all. :) To be honest, when I purchase a game from anywhere, if it's more than a year or two old I automatically assume it is as-is and comes with zero actual support even if there is any claim of support.

For example, to me, most companies service and product support amounts to some entry level employee reading a series of steps from a script which ultimately aims to blame the problem on the customer so they can say "sorry, we don't support that" and hang up or close an issue report as "NOTOURPROBLEM" so to speak. Their "support" is just lip service and not an actual effort to support the product or help the customer. I've had that experience dealing with more companies for products and services than I could easily enumerate. It's the default assumption I make when I have to make the dreaded tech support call or submit a bug ticket or whatnot. But this is not so with GOG.com, in fact I've had the exact opposite response with every single GOG support related query so far, both officially through the support channels and informally through the forums or email etc.

So my default assumption with GOG is to assume whatever problem myself or someone else is having will be resolved by GOG as soon as possible if it is possible for them to do so - weighed against all other problems that might be in someone's work queue at a given moment. Even if something happens to actually take a while I pretty much can relax and wait patiently with a feeling that I'm going to be taken care of sooner than later and only have to wait because of reasonable reasons of prioritization/availability of solution/etc.

It's a very good experience compared to most other places where you hand over your money and some robot chucks the product or service over the fence at you and communication is more or less non-existent and the transaction considered complete with no further reason to communicate with the customer except perhaps to flood them with advertising etc. :)

Good customer service comes from having good company values and good employees with the right mindset, and GOG has a heaping helping of that IMHO. Thanks again! :)
http://www.gog.com/forum/stronghold_series/stronghold_crusader_extreme_hd_contains_french_voices_once_again
Given that there isn't even a link to the blog from their own site, that's hardly surprising. What's even more surprising is that the blog isn't simply integrated in the site itself. What's the point of having a completely separate site for news about this site?

Edit:
Also, reading the blog on a FullHD monitor is a rage-inducing experience. The layout appears to have been designed with smartphones in mind. The articles look all lost and alone, huddling there in the center of the screen, bordered by an endless void on either side.
Attachments:
Post edited March 24, 2014 by Wishbone
Evil Judas, I searched the first three pages for this thread till I saw it is sticky now...

But good to know that it is now. No more need to search everytime the update flag shows up.
http://www.gog.com/forum/capitalism_series/capitalism_ii_has_been_updated_to_version_107

@PaterAlf: my plan is working as intended.

*twirls evil mustache*
JudasIscariot: edit: although you know that you have condemned this thread to non-existence right now as most people don't read stickies in a forum :P
It's funny because it's true. :)
Nice job sticking this one and big thanks to everyone for the info's ;)
I noticed that Stronghold Crusader Extreme HD was updated (as per Judas's update) but for me it is only the French language installer that is flagged as new. Checking the filenames, however, I see that my English language installer has also been updated. I last downloaded it 13th April 2013 and it has version number 2.1.0.7 but the latest download from the site is 2.2.0.8, so I must have missed that one at some point.
AFAIK they are all the same installer anyway.
korell: I noticed that Stronghold Crusader Extreme HD was updated (as per Judas's update) but for me it is only the French language installer that is flagged as new. Checking the filenames, however, I see that my English language installer has also been updated. I last downloaded it 13th April 2013 and it has version number 2.1.0.7 but the latest download from the site is 2.2.0.8, so I must have missed that one at some point.
I was trying to flag it for those for whom it would be relevant i.e. French speakers, but the system wants to flag all of the languages.

Yes, all the languages are in one installer for that game but I figured only those who use the French language dropdown menu would see it...
PaterAlf: Evil Judas, I searched the first three pages for this thread till I saw it is sticky now...

But good to know that it is now. No more need to search everytime the update flag shows up.
You know you can add threads to a favorites list, right?