It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SoC: Windows manual installer for v2.1.0.7 fails with error "Out Of Range"

Trying to install on Windows 10 and getting an error after choosing the install destination and hitting <continue>.

The installer starts showing the ads but an error window pops up with:

> Runtime Error at (309.2377): Out Of Range

I hit OK and then it repeats:

> Out Of Range

I hit OK and the installer keeps rotating through the ads but the progress bar is stalled.

I have plenty of space on the destination drive. I installed Clear Skies with no problems. I'm installing to an unprotected path (D:\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl).

I computed a checksum for the SoC files immediately after I downloaded them a while back and they check out, but if someone wanted to post me their checksums (SHA-256) I could compare - maybe my download is corrupt. My connection speed is slow so downloading 4GB again would take a while.

Otherwise, suggestions are welcomed.

EDIT: I've checked, there's no update except the multiplayer patch which I can't use until I've installed the game first.
Post edited November 06, 2023 by caiman
This question / problem has been solved by xtharpeimage
caiman: SoC: Windows manual installer for v2.1.0.7 fails with error "Out Of Range"

Trying to install on Windows 10 and getting an error after choosing the install destination and hitting <continue>.

The installer starts showing the ads but an error window pops up with:

> Runtime Error at (309.2377): Out Of Range

I hit OK and then it repeats:

> Out Of Range

I hit OK and the installer keeps rotating through the ads but the progress bar is stalled.

I have plenty of space on the destination drive. I installed Clear Skies with no problems. I'm installing to an unprotected path (D:\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl).

I computed a checksum for the SoC files immediately after I downloaded them a while back and they check out, but if someone wanted to post me their checksums (SHA-256) I could compare - maybe my download is corrupt. My connection speed is slow so downloading 4GB again would take a while.

Otherwise, suggestions are welcomed.

EDIT: I've checked, there's no update except the multiplayer patch which I can't use until I've installed the game first.
System specs?
xtharpe: System specs?
Never mind, I decided just to re-download anyway and it installs now, though I think the checksums were the same :s

Thanks for the reply.