It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Witcher Adventure Game uses the Galaxy multiplayer library. Please read the points below before posting any feedback regarding the multiplayer game experience. Thank you!

1. Always start (or restart) the Launcher before playing the game. Let the update process finish (wait until status text changes to UP TO DATE), before clicking the PLAY button.

2. If you encounter any problem that you consider connected with the multiplayer, please go to <span class="bold">http://mantis.gog.com</span>, log in with your GOG.com account as usual and create an issue for us there please. Add a detailed description, and if possible, a method of reproducing it.
Post edited August 05, 2014 by Fallen_Zen
My partner and I played the game and noticed the issue -- that other's seem to be having in this thread as well -- about the game seemingly disconnecting the two players (or freezing, which I'm not sure is an accurate term for what this is.). This happened both in a private matches and a public match (in which, we were supposedly the only players on the server so we ended up gaming together.).

What we have observed is if, for example, it was my turn and my partner performed an action (e.g. moved the map, clicked the information menu for my player, clicked the top left hand menu...) and then I ended my turn, it would progress on my end, but not my partner's. He would be perpetually waiting for my turn to end and then we'd quit and try again.

We managed to get to turn 18 or so before we went out of sync and the game, as others in this thread have put it, 'froze'. On this last game, we're not sure what interaction the inactive player performed in order for it to crash, but we did manage to get a long way before falling into the syncing error issue. This last game was the only public match we tried before giving in and setting up to post feedback.

Further testing will commence another day :) And, off topic, we found that we really enjoyed the game itself when we got into the swing of it! A fine game indeed.
Another issue my partner and I noticed about connecting to a private match is that when one player creates a lobby and the other connects, they are successful the first time. But if one drops out for some reason (we were testing for lulz) and tries to rejoin, the loading-screen alerts claim that the system is creating another lobby of the same name. As to whether this is actually happening back-end, I don't know, but a player certainly cannot get back into a lobby after they've dropped out. Since there were only two of us, one player was perpetually waiting for players to join and the other was perpetually trying to make a lobby of an already existing lobby.

We don't know what would happen if there were more than two players messing with this issue.

Information like this could be useful for multiplayer matches in which one dweeb has to troubleshoot their internet connection issues if any.
When playing with my partner a private game, one of us gets disconnected eventually. There seemed to be no pattern. It happened once after 1 turn and the longest we were able to play were 5 turns. As there is no possibility to reconnected, this game is not playable for us in the current state.
Today I played with friend for the first time, and there were couple of bugs:
- My friend told me that he tried public games but it did not connect him
- After finishing first game, we tried to start second one with the same name. Apparently we both hosted game with the same name and where waiting for other player. It worked normally after changing game name.
- At some point I received notice that second player left. I could normally play, but after my turn, there were another my turns. Second player did not receive any information, only that I am thinking on my move.
In a three player game with players A, B and C. Player A left the game during his turn and although B's client registered his exit, the C's client did not. For B it looks like it is C's turn, but C has now the score of A. C reports that from his view it is still A's turn.

Sadly no other details, except that B was alt-tabing between the game and his web browser.
Tried it again (private game, 2 players) with the new patch. In first try, we got a disconnect in the first round, but my friend tabbed out of the game and back. So we tried it again without tabbing and we played till round 17 - then she got a disconnect again.

Actually, it was MY game who thought she disconnected. After she finished her turn, she was waiting for my turn, because obviously her client didn't recognized that we were disconnected.

Unfortunately, there is no way to reconnect a player. It would be nice, if the game don't just continues when a player gets disconnected. There should be the possibility to wait for a disconnected player and of course the possibility for the disconnected player to reconnect again.
I don't know if it's an error inside the game, but I've been waiting for half and hour for my opponent to make a move... it's a good idea that every player has up to a minute or a minute and a half to make a move or the turn passes to the next player!
@kertae: I guess you are waiting because your were disconnected. When I played with my friend and she got disconnected, only I got the message that she was disconnected. Her client was not aware of the disconnected, so all her client was showing was waiting for my turn. For me, she was just kicked out of the game and I could continue playing.
Obviously, she only knew she was kicked out of the game because she was sitting beside me. So the game seems to have some serious connection issues yet.
First off: Where do I send game error reports? I have one and a message from the game stating: "It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!". But this message does not let me know how to do this. Hot tip of the day: Include your contact details in the error message! ;)

Second off: The issue

Starting a public game on a stable connection and with a well tuned PC Windows 7 64 bit rig.
Matchmaker is finding me an opponent, its the same one over and over again (Not necessarily a bad thing, perhaps we are the only one playing at this time (01:00 to 01:40 in the night here Norwegian time). This could however suggest that the issue is on his side and not mine, I'll get back to that.
Now as we are in the lobby waiting to either start of get more players the issue begins:
1- Pressing "Menu" makes the game freeze up
2- Pressing to vote for the game to start makes the game freeze up
3- As long as I do not select any of the two options above I can open the chat and send him messages. He never replies.
4- During my 30 minutes or so to get the game started I only once saw another player than the same one, this third person left the game before I could do anything...so I do not know if the issue would have been repeated with this player.
5- If I do nothing the game eventually disconnects (At least once or twice this happened)
6- All I can do is to multi task (Ctrl+Tab) to desktop and force the game to close, this way I can restart and try again...
7- If I alt+tab to desktop then right click the game tab in windows and reopen the game; it will start as a new session with a second tab in my desktop. It will be as if the game relaunched and I will hear the music playing as if two layers. I cannot open the same session as I was just inn, the one that crashed.

As I said earlier: Perhaps the issue was with the other user? As I only found him at each login (With one fruitless exception) and never got any replies from him in chat; could it be that his game is the one that is broken? Could this make him stuck in an everlasting loop in matchmaker, now forcing whoever gets matched with him to crash? And as he is not getting booted from the matchmaker himself he will remain there until the next time you logg in....Anyone else got any similar experience like this?

This is all I have to report at this time, but as stated earlier I do have a crash report generated from the game from my last session (Only one to produce one)

My game version is TR032 by the way. Only ran it once before after patching it, then it worked ok even though the launcher it self froze on first attempt to patch it. Had to restart the gog launcher and then it started patching and apparently everything worked well.
Relaunched the game and again I met the same user:
PieroFolly
The game crashed as before, the user did not reply to any chat.
When multitasking out I briefly noticed an error message that disappeared before I could read it.

After about an hour of trying I'm giving the game a rest, not much fun in playing with a broken log in screen all night.
Post edited July 31, 2014 by Nilspils2
Nilspils2: First off: Where do I send game error reports?
From now on please send your issue reports with http://mantis.gog.com that serves as our ticket system for this purpose.

We are in contact with game developers to make sure they are aware of all your issues.

Regards.
If i minimize the game to windows during the autentication or matchmaking sceen is visible, i can see a white flashing line on the top edge of the screen. This line is visible until the screen changes to something dark (the dice rolling screen).

Edit: it`s barely visible on a screenshot, but i made an example screen to show it. Maybe you need to zoom in to see.
Attachments:
example.jpg (167 Kb)
Post edited August 06, 2014 by Pixelion
Where do I post the content of the folder created when the game crashes?
Hi.
I already played two game but the second one was a disaster because one player was afk. I think you should set up a timer for each turn, like 2-3 minutes. And an afk manager for players who did nothing twice in a row.
I was in the lobby with one othe player. The screen went black - I thought the game was starting - and then crashed leaving me with the following message:

"Oops!

The game crashed.
The crash report folder names "2014-08-07_190706" next to game executable. It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!"

Where exactly do I send it to?
I have two messages. The first one was when I first started up the game and tried to join Multuplayer. The message that appeared on my screen is as follows:

----------------------------------------

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program:

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

------------------------------------------

The second message was when I was attempting to join My second Multiplayer match and the message that appeared on my screen is as follows:

-------------------------------------------

Oops!

The game has crashed.
The crash report folder named "2014-08-07_112452" next to game executable.
It would be great if you sent this to the developer of the game!

--------------------------------------------

EDIT: I finally got a third one. I got it after I joined a lobby with two other players in it. I crashed after a few seconds. The message:

---------------------------------------------

Oops!

The game has crashed.
The crash report folder named "2014-08-07_123842" next to the game executable.
It would be great if you sent this to the developer of the game!

----------------------------------------------
Post edited August 07, 2014 by callacas