It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: I am a big fan of the solo dev Fabrice Breton aka Cowcat and I just wanted to show people on discord that he is pretty active in the forum as well. I was shocked to see his posts being marked and grouped as possible spam by BE .....

https://www.gog.com/forum/brok_the_investigator
On game-specific forums you could use this grouping as to see either all devs threads or its active users' one-post solutions/infos.

I still do consider creating multiple one-post threads as a spamming, instead of utilizing centralized threads (like announcements/updates/etc). And of course, I can rename it to a better description if provided, as long as it includes bot spams as well.
MarkoH01: I am a big fan of the solo dev Fabrice Breton aka Cowcat and I just wanted to show people on discord that he is pretty active in the forum as well. I was shocked to see his posts being marked and grouped as possible spam by BE .....

https://www.gog.com/forum/brok_the_investigator
DawEdhel: On game-specific forums you could use this grouping as to see either all devs threads or its active users' one-post solutions/infos.

I still do consider creating multiple one-post threads as a spamming, instead of utilizing centralized threads (like announcements/updates/etc). And of course, I can rename it to a better description if provided, as long as it includes bot spams as well.
It is fine. I was just a bit shocked when I saw my favorite dev posts being marked as spam ... but since mrkgnao explained when it does mark sth. as spam I can understand it. It also says "possible" and not "actual".
Blackdrazon: Here's a feature request, if you could: we can hide the Alerts icon, but the number still adds itself to the tab's Title bar. For example, right now I'm seeing the title: "[1] Barefoot Essentials 2 - GOG.com enhancement, page 95 - Forum". It'd be nice to turn that [1] off, too.
DawEdhel: I think, the better approach in this case would be to auto remove any notifications silently in the background, as you are still going to accumulate these alerts over time needlessly.

I also wonder, if either alerts have any expiration timer intervals or they have to be removed only manually.
That's good thinking, I like it! I'm pretty sure wishlist alerts disappear after the sale they're attached to is over, but I don't know about the rest.
Post edited December 22, 2023 by Blackdrazon
Blackdrazon: That's good thinking, I like it! I'm pretty sure wishlist alerts disappear after the sale they're attached to is over, but I don't know about the rest.
Then it should be easy enough to implement.

But there is a small caveat: I believe, removing such alerts also effect unmarking forum replies, chat messages, etc.
Do such side effects satisfy you?
DawEdhel: Then it should be easy enough to implement.

But there is a small caveat: I believe, removing such alerts also effect unmarking forum replies, chat messages, etc.
Do such side effects satisfy you?
No, I suppose that is too far for me. It might work for someone else but I do use the forum replies when they come up. If you want to implement a blanket removal for anyone else who might want it, though, that's perfectly fine.
DawEdhel:
A request for a BE addition, if I may:
- option to hide the new "Explore our catalogue" banner at the bottom of the home page (which prevents one from just pressing "End" to reach the News section).
mrkgnao: A request for a BE addition, if I may:
- option to hide the new "Explore our catalogue" banner at the bottom of the home page (which prevents one from just pressing "End" to reach the News section).
Why not to go further and just move/duplicate news section right to the top?

I'll add this to my to-do list.
mrkgnao: A request for a BE addition, if I may:
DawEdhel: Why not to go further and just move/duplicate news section right to the top?

I'll add this to my to-do list.
Even better! Thanks!
Post edited 4 days ago by mrkgnao