It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

201:1

Forbidding cars?!? C'mon, I'm German ;-)
Post edited October 02, 2013 by DeMignon
200:1 I can feel it, the first vote to improve the economy! Wooo Hooo!
201:1 -- Okay, let's take one for the economy. Sorry, trees and stuff.
201: 2
With a 3:2 ratio between options 1 and 2, the car ban issue will be dismissed.
==== Overview ====
Civil Rights: Good (62)
Economy: Struggling (8)
Political Freedoms: Excellent (70)

The Free Land of Gogan is a huge, genial nation, ruled by Doctor Marcin with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 990 million are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Welfare and Social Equality are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 56%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.

The breathalyser pledge is a traditional part of marriages in Gogan, the government is giving peace a chance, meat-eating is frowned upon, and calling out of the blue has become taboo. Crime is totally unknown. Gogan's national animal is the Goglodyte, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Gog.

Gogan is ranked 1,090th in The North Pacific and 30,615th in the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations, with 104.5 Net Tourists per hour.

==== Issues ====
17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Gogan, calling out of the blue has become taboo.
The overview has been updated following the last decisions made.

Protesters Have Gone Too Far, Claim Police (issue 202)
A group protesting against the Gogan government began a riot yesterday which resulted in the death of Mr. Benson, a police officer.

1: "This is an outrage!" cries Police Chief Mark Silk. "The people of Gogan just don't know how good they have it! Our nation is a gem compared to many others, but if you give an inch they will take a mile. I had to tell officer Benson's wife yesterday that their child will grow up without a father. Do I think public protests should be outlawed? You're damn right I do."

2: "It all happened so fast," says Howard Singh, one of the protesters. "The crowd was just chanting, you know... and then they tear gassed us. I saw one cop, this Mr. Benson, club a teenager right in the face! For what? Speaking his mind! That's when the crowd rushed him. I'm sorry he's dead, but the police think they have a right to do whatever they want - things get out of hand sometimes. I think the police department should keep out of the way when we're protesting - even if things do get... excited."

3: "It's because protests get out of hand sometimes that we need a police presence," argues PC Roxanne Patel eventually after singing the national anthem to you. "Even violent protestors have a right to feel safe on the streets. If that means we have to die to protect the innocent, then that means we have to die. I think protests should be restricted to a designated area where police can keep an eye on the protestors. Then everything can go nice and smoothly and no one will have to worry about being beaten to death."

==== Public announcement ====
Second national voting lottery is currently running, see post 1532 for info.
202: 3. the middle road. Nice and wide. A good place to be.
202:3

The least bad choice.
202:3

But all the options suck, really.
Hmm seems like I missed yesterday's vote. Does this take me out of the lottery?

201: 1

202: 3
202:3 -- let's have designated free speech zones.
oasis789: Hmm seems like I missed yesterday's vote. Does this take me out of the lottery?
Only for the top prize.
202 : 1 Lets silence the whiners. I cant believe the brainwashing crew will allow government protest...
muttly13: 202 : 1 Lets silence the whiners. I cant believe the brainwashing crew will allow government protest...
Illusion of freedom is perhaps the most important component of brainwashing.
With a five-to-one ratio, it is decided that the police shall try to keep protests safe.