It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A true RPG design achievement!

Divinity: Original Sin, the epic-scaled RPG from Larian Studios, very modern but also true to the best traditions of computer role playing games design with its isometric view, story-driven gameplay, and top-notch turn-based combat mechanics, is available for Windows and Mac OS X, DRM-Free on GOG.com! You can also enrich your experience with the Source Hunter DLC, that comes with two unique in-game items, a digital artbook, design documents and a full original soundtrack.

[url=http://www.gog.com/game/divinity_original_sin][/url]Divinity: Original Sin is the old-school role-playing title you've been dreaming about. If you were ever imagining how the legendary classics like Baldur's Gate would look and feel like, were they developed today, this is your answer! Larian Studios managed to make good on all of their promises of classic gameplay, extensive world, gripping storyline, and flexible system paired with high production value of contemporary double-A titles. With up to a hundred hours of playtime needed to beat the game with all of its branching stories and tons of optional quests the game can prove to be everything you want it to be, and more! It also takes what's best after the modern games: rich and vivid 3D graphics, an extensive item crafting system, and a finely balanced multi-player mode. A perfect mix of classic and new RPG design, if we ever saw one.

Set out to explore the fantastic colorful realm created by Larian Studios, and make a new home for yourself in the vibrant world of Divinity: Original Sin (or even grab some extra Source Hunter DLC gear), on GOG.com. The price of the game varies from region to region, but don't be alarmed! Following the GOG.com tradition we're offering a Fair Price Package with this title, so everyone who is adversely affected by the pricing plan will be compensated with gift-codes (you will find yours in your order confirmation email).

NOTE:
The version of the game offered here comes with the full single-player campaign, but currently supports only LAN/DirectIP multiplayer modes, with on-line multiplayer features coming as a later update, powered by GOG Galaxy, our DRM-Free online gaming platform. Thank you for your patience!
Pheace: What *is* the issue? :)
JudasIscariot: There is a persistent save game issue and some crash issues at certain locations.
Seems that the Black cove issue where savegames were getting corrupted last patch is solved, just that people who *had* their saves corrupted need to wait for the next patch to keep using those saves.

Seems the current patch is safe for anyone who doesn't already have corrupt saves though.

Still, to be safe might as well wait for the new patch I guess :)
Post edited July 11, 2014 by Pheace
L0stOldGamer: While you are waiting on that patch could someone at GOG please fix the no DLC attached to my account from the Kickstarter code I redeemed? Larian said it should be there now since they spoke to GOG about it. I did a refresh and still don't see it.
Thank you for reporting this. We looked into the problem and found out what went wrong. Luckily, only a handful of Backers were affected. We've unlocked your Kickstarter codes so that you can now redeem just the DLC.

If any of you purchased the DLC, assuming you wouldn't get it from the Kickstarter code, we will of course refund that purchase.
HypersomniacLive: Hmm, slap Steam and CEG on top of everything else? Sounds irresistible!! ;-P
for an extra $50 you can get the next tier with Securom and Tages :)
L0stOldGamer: While you are waiting on that patch could someone at GOG please fix the no DLC attached to my account from the Kickstarter code I redeemed? Larian said it should be there now since they spoke to GOG about it. I did a refresh and still don't see it.
Firek: Thank you for reporting this. We looked into the problem and found out what went wrong. Luckily, only a handful of Backers were affected. We've unlocked your Kickstarter codes so that you can now redeem just the DLC.

If any of you purchased the DLC, assuming you wouldn't get it from the Kickstarter code, we will of course refund that purchase.
Thanks Firek, I can confirm the DLC is now attached after using the code again. Downloading music FLAC file now!
The patch to game version 1.0.67 is now live.
HypersomniacLive: Hmm, slap Steam and CEG on top of everything else? Sounds irresistible!! ;-P
IanM: for an extra $50 you can get the next tier with Securom and Tages :)
Double size your order and we'll throw in an extra helping of StarForce :D :D
Thiev: The patch to game version 1.0.67 is now live.
Doesnt seem to want to progress the application of the patch past 65-70%

Edit: took about 7 minutes to apply but finally did.
Post edited July 11, 2014 by reaver894
Thiev: The patch to game version 1.0.67 is now live.
I still got 1.0.57 :/
I've been holding back on buying due to the constant updates. Could a kind soul say if the patches address serious issues or just some minor bugs?
Why there are no update flags for any D:OS patch?

It is easy to miss the patches If one is not following this thread.
Vitek: Why there are no update flags for any D:OS patch?

It is easy to miss the patches If one is not following this thread.
Because the MAC patch is still in the works. Update will be flagged when both versions are ready for download.
http://youtu.be/s8CvTLhpYKc

:-D
Siegor: I've been holding back on buying due to the constant updates. Could a kind soul say if the patches address serious issues or just some minor bugs?
Over all they were relatively minor bugs. This last patch was for a bigger bug, but they introduced that in on of the last few patches themselves.
Siegor: I've been holding back on buying due to the constant updates. Could a kind soul say if the patches address serious issues or just some minor bugs?
Pheace: Over all they were relatively minor bugs. This last patch was for a bigger bug, but they introduced that in on of the last few patches themselves.
Thanks for answering. Might be better to wait a few more days then until all the kinks are worked out.
KyleKatarn: . The last reason may not completely apply since D: OS boxed version has game files on the disc instead of just a Steam key but the reason Larian gave for wanting to require Steam on that version was so that auto-patching could be forced on the game, particularly a day 1 patch since the game was not quite finished when it was released.
Niggles: For that i blame Larian. In no way shape or form should they have released an *unfinished* game. And in no way shape or form should ANY game require a day 1 patch. Whats the world coming to ...sheesh
I agree, it's just easier to get away with it these days and call it a service. I know gog.com got a lot of flack for not offering the game for sale day one with only vague promises of a release in late August, but perhaps they were knowingly trying to avoid the mess of a buggy game with patches coming in daily. Or perhaps Larian wanted them to delay it as well so that no one would get an unpatched game until Galaxy is available.

Niggles: For that i blame Larian. In no way shape or form should they have released an *unfinished* game. And in no way shape or form should ANY game require a day 1 patch. Whats the world coming to ...sheesh

It does if it let dev's be lazy and no bother to even finish the game (let along debug it before release.There should be no reason for a patch day 1.Game should be finished before release and even if a patch is required it should come until much later.
Tarnicus: Petition signed!! All this mess and whinging about patching on Steam vs GOG could be so easily avoided if games were actually finished rather than released due to publishing pressures.

When I release my novel on synchronicity, I apologise that the story is unfinished but I'll post you out the remaining pages, 1 or 2 at a time until years later it is completed. Of course I will demand full payment upfront, and if something happens that prevents me from completing it, then my disclaimer says that I am not liable :P

PS - I will also be sending each novel with the book bound with a combination lock that changes every time you wish to read the novel. You'll have to telephone me to get the code that unlocks it each time. Sorry but I can't have unauthorised readers who haven't paid for my novel reading it! It will also come equipped with an inbuilt webcam so I can ensure that no-one is reading over your shoulder. THEY SHOULD BUY THEIR OWN COPY!
Haha! Yeah I was hoping that Kickstarter would solve many of the issues that I have with PC gaming but instead it seems to have perpetuated a lot of them. Sometimes I like to force the issue so I pledged big for a few games and left the ball in devs hands to see what they would do with it. It seems that it won't fix the problem of releasing unfinished games even though many game projects have received their funding up front, although D: OS Kickstarter was a supplement for development instead of all the funding. Maybe living off of publisher money in the development process was better than crowd money so devs want to release even if it's not quite finished.

Think if other industries wanted money up front first like you pointed out. What if food was served slowly and out of turn this way and you couldn't just leave the restaurant and go somewhere else because you already paid for the meal before you sat down. At least Larian has offered refunds if people do not accept their explanations. Even if there's a contract in a transaction, rarely is a contract paid fully up front and then there is still recourse available even if money is paid up front if the contract is not fulfilled.

On the other hand, at least Kickstarter has solved one gigantic problem that I had with PC gaming in the last decade: that these kind of games like a turn-based D: OS, Wasteland 2, a new Torment game, etc. are marketable, contrary to what publishers have been telling developers. Is that worth all of the other headache though? Personally, it's not worth it for a big pledge like I have put in for some Collector's Edition big boxed games, but it is for a smaller pledge. Even if the only way to get a DRM-free version ends up being on a site that shares cracked games, at least it is there for people to play and work with rather than no RPGs like D: OS at all.