It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Styer27: Ive read through 20+ pages of this thread, yet im still confused as to what you guys are doing here.

Do you buy extra copies of games while they are on sale?
or
Are you simply giving away the games you no longer want from your personal collection?

Is it like borrowing a CD off a friend so you can install, then returning it to him afterwards?

Do you guys store multiple copies of certain games just in case someone needs them, and if so, how are they stored? as complete folders (Fallout 2, Fallout 2(2) Fallout 2(3) Fallout 2(4)) or are they stored as like a CD Key?

Sorry if im asking the same question a different way, this is very confusing!
some people do buy extras for gifting, and sometimes during sales (like the one that just ended )
free keys are given out if you spend certain amounts of money durig the sale

one you have the game in your library its there forever as far as i know adn cant be given away unless you buy the game again as a gift

nope not liek borrowing a cd and installing then returning

the games are in the form of a game key that can be redeemed through gog (REDEEM CODE near the bottom of the page when you have a gog window/tab open) , the game key as a series of letters and numbers, and i believe they are recieved by the purchaser in an email

and finally dont worry asking questions is how we learn, i hope i have managed to clear away your confusion

this has been your friendly neighborhood Vyr peace out
Thanks for answering my questions guys.

This feature sounds great, i will buy a copy or two extra of games that come on sale next time, im really regretting not buying a few extras of the games i purchased during the last sale, i picked up some classics for like $1.75 each. I would have no problems buying a few extras, so that not only the community will benefit from the gifts, but also GOG and the developers would also benefit, great idea!

Looking forward to trading with you guys in future.
I have a System Shock 2 key (1) .. message me if you would like to have it.

Edit -- Key for System Shock II has been taken.
Post edited November 20, 2015 by NoAGood
Styer27: Thanks for answering my questions guys.

This feature sounds great, i will buy a copy or two extra of games that come on sale next time, im really regretting not buying a few extras of the games i purchased during the last sale, i picked up some classics for like $1.75 each. I would have no problems buying a few extras, so that not only the community will benefit from the gifts, but also GOG and the developers would also benefit, great idea!

Looking forward to trading with you guys in future.
I like what you say here and I think you will fit good into the community. Don't know why you have negative rep. However I upvoted your post.
MarkoH01: Don't know why you have negative rep.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/magog_a_search_engine_for_gog_games/post945
MarkoH01: Don't know why you have negative rep.
moonshineshadow: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/magog_a_search_engine_for_gog_games/post945
I would imagine he's been given that link at least a dozen times by now. :P
i was wondering...
why you can”t defend yourself before downgrading the rep or you are put on a black list ?
is it fair ?
fan3l: i was wondering...
why you can”t defend yourself before downgrading the rep or you are put on a black list ?
is it fair ?
You aren't on the list; why are you freaking out?
low rated
fan3l: i was wondering...
is it fair ?
tinyE: You aren't on the list; why are you freaking out?
is not about me beeing on a list
is for all
and about me... why my rep drops negative when it gets at +1 ?
because of that negative thing some people dont talk with me and if they do, they say im no trust...
tinyE: You aren't on the list; why are you freaking out?
fan3l: because of that negative thing some people dont talk with me and if they do, they say im no trust...
That simply isn't the case. The rep system is B.S. and majority of us know it and so we ignore it. There are a lot of great people in here with negative rep and the way I'm sliding I';ll be at negative in a year or so.

As for that list, those folks have been caught again and again scamming other forum members; several of them come in here on a regular basis and admit it, daring GOG to stop them. I know it looks like a witch hunt but I dare you to make a trade with someone on that list, you'll see.
tinyE: I would imagine he's been given that link at least a dozen times by now. :P
Nope, only twice until now. But thank you all for bringing this to my attention. I guess I am just too lazy to search for so many usernames and after all I always believe in the good in people. Maybe that is naive maybe it is a fault but that's me :)
fan3l: because of that negative thing some people dont talk with me and if they do, they say im no trust...
tinyE: That simply isn't the case. The rep system is B.S. and majority of us know it and so we ignore it. There are a lot of great people in here with negative rep and the way I'm sliding I';ll be at negative in a year or so.

As for that list, those folks have been caught again and again scamming other forum members; several of them come in here on a regular basis and admit it, daring GOG to stop them. I know it looks like a witch hunt but I dare you to make a trade with someone on that list, you'll see.
Which was nearly exact the same I told him in the scammer thread. It's not so hard to understand. Ignore the rep we do it all.
Post edited November 19, 2015 by MarkoH01
tinyE: I would imagine he's been given that link at least a dozen times by now. :P
MarkoH01: Nope, only twice until now. But thank you all for bringing this to my attention. I guess I am just too lazy to search for so many usernames and after all I always believe in the good in people. Maybe that is naive maybe it is a fault but that's me :)
tinyE: That simply isn't the case. The rep system is B.S. and majority of us know it and so we ignore it. There are a lot of great people in here with negative rep and the way I'm sliding I';ll be at negative in a year or so.

MarkoH01: Which was nearly exact the same I told him in the scammer thread. It's not so hard to understand. Ignore the rep we do it all.
As evidenced by the fact that you have a high rep and everyone here hates you! :D

JOKING!!! I'M JOKING!!! Put down the pitchforks! :P

i belive you
even if i have a rep of ”game begger” i respect the people who„ having the posibility„ are buying the games, and for time to time drop a giveaway to those who can”t for different reasons.
on the other side, when they are making giveaways, they are having condition about rep level
so, if my rep drops negative when it gets at positive, or maybe i dont have the time to write every day to grow or at least keep it al a decent level.. im expulsed
fair ? should i care about rep ?

fan3l: i belive you
even if i have a rep of ”game begger” i respect the people who„ having the posibility„ are buying the games, and for time to time drop a giveaway to those who can”t for different reasons.
on the other side, when they are making giveaways, they are having condition about rep level
so, if my rep drops negative when it gets at positive, or maybe i dont have the time to write every day to grow or at least keep it al a decent level.. im expulsed
Not every giveaway asks for positive rep. Most are asking for forum activity outside of giveaways and sometimes a registration date before a specified date. They made it to keep scammers away. As it is said before: be a nice person and nice things will come to you - just wait. I already offered you my System Shock 2 key - so that's nice isn't it? :)

fan3l: i belive you
Once people get to know you they'll let those conditions slide, but it's not going to happen overnight.