It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: Do they actually not speak it or is it just a really heavy dialect because we have that over here.
Psyringe: It's a really heavy dialect. This, combined with Bavaria's tendency that they are somewhat special*, makes them a target for "they aren't really Germans" joke from people of other German regions.

(* Bavaria is a "free federal state" of Germany, most other states are simply "federal states" - it doesn't have any particular practical relevance, but it seems to be important in Bavarian politics. Bavaria also tends to be a bit disdainful of the northern parts of Germany. Of course, that's not true for every single Bavarian personally, but it's a pretty long-lasting element of Bavarian politics.)
Kind of different but there are several American dialects that I seriously, no joke, have no clue what 75% of what they say means. I know they have that in England because the movie "Snatch" did a great job making fun of it.
Psyringe: (* Bavaria is a "free federal state" of Germany, most other states are simply "federal states"
Slight correction, Bavaria is a "federal state", just like the others. Only the official name is Free State of Bavaria. Saxony and Thuringia use that terminology too, but it really makes no difference in either case.

InfraSuperman: It's a really thick dialect. When I was there for a field trip years ago, I had serious trouble understanding anybody. Made it kind of a pain in the ass to order things in the restaurants there.
Where were you exactly? Bavaria consists of more than just Bavarians, you know. There are the Swabians, the Upper Palatinates, and us Franconians, too.
Psyringe: It's a really heavy dialect. This, combined with Bavaria's tendency that they are somewhat special*, makes them a target for "they aren't really Germans" joke from people of other German regions.

(* Bavaria is a "free federal state" of Germany, most other states are simply "federal states" - it doesn't have any particular practical relevance, but it seems to be important in Bavarian politics. Bavaria also tends to be a bit disdainful of the northern parts of Germany. Of course, that's not true for every single Bavarian personally, but it's a pretty long-lasting element of Bavarian politics.)
tinyE: Kind of different but there are several American dialects that I seriously, no joke, have no clue what 75% of what they say means. I know they have that in England because the movie "Snatch" did a great job making fun of it.
The English they speak in Scotland too - especially Glasgow!
Gaunathor: Where were you exactly? Bavaria consists of more than just Bavarians, you know. There are the Swabians, the Upper Palatinates, and us Franconians, too.
It was in Ramsau, near Berchtesgaden, which means that it was in the southernmost part of Germany, but since I largely suck at everything related to geography, I have no idea what particular region that is considered to be part of.
Attention GOG/Judas,

Why haven't we got the update to "I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream" which has been on the Steam version since Feb 20th? It's important because they updated the engine to ScummVM, which included bug-fixes to the original game:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/245390/announcements/detail/1784853565261876745
Crosmando: Attention GOG/Judas,

Why haven't we got the update to "I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream" which has been on the Steam version since Feb 20th? It's important because they updated the engine to ScummVM, which included bug-fixes to the original game:
When I get to work on Monday, I'll pass that on to the appropriate parties. Hope that helps :)
JudasIscariot: When I get to work on Monday, I'll pass that on to the appropriate parties. Hope that helps :)
Oh, righty o then, didn't mean to sound incriminating (if I did), I just thought you guys might not be aware.
JudasIscariot: When I get to work on Monday, I'll pass that on to the appropriate parties. Hope that helps :)
Crosmando: Oh, righty o then, didn't mean to sound incriminating (if I did), I just thought you guys might not be aware.
No worries, you did not sound incriminating :) You should never feel like you're being incriminating for asking a question :)
JudasIscariot: No worries, you did not sound incriminating :) You should never feel like you're being incriminating for asking a question :)
Well then, while we're on the topic: Have you guys spoken to the DotEmu people about having the Gold edition of The Last Express added into the GOG version of that game, as it currently stands only Steam has the Gold version.

Same goes for Earth 2140, which got a "HD" version on Steam a while back (though I think something might be dodgy about that, apparently the AI is still broken and the devs aren't talking anymore).
Crosmando: Attention GOG/Judas,

Sheesh, did Night Dive forget about the GOG version? I'm sad/surprised they didn't make contact. :(

JudasIscariot: No worries, you did not sound incriminating :) You should never feel like you're being incriminating for asking a question :)
Crosmando: Well then, while we're on the topic: Have you guys spoken to the DotEmu people about having the Gold edition of The Last Express added into the GOG version of that game, as it currently stands only Steam has the Gold version.

Same goes for Earth 2140, which got a "HD" version on Steam a while back (though I think something might be dodgy about that, apparently the AI is still broken and the devs aren't talking anymore).
Sheesh2. Seems like devs only put any effort into fixing things if they're making Steam bucks. I suppose that's a good thing if the fixes actually show up here too, but no such luck yet for various games.

Maybe if/when GOG implements an optional client, providing the fixes will be significantly easier.
Post edited March 02, 2014 by tfishell
tfishell: Maybe if/when GOG implements an optional client, providing the fixes will be significantly easier.
Optional client doesn't have much to do with providing fixes. That infrastructure would need to be implemented over on the server. GOG would also need to revisit their policy on testing the updates.

Unless, you mean the instead of GOG packaging the fixes the client would push them out. Which would be an issue for people who would never use the client, e.g. me.
Post edited March 02, 2014 by Gydion
Not surprising at all that GOG gets patches late. It's simply easier for devs to up their patch to Steam and move on.

GOG needs to stay on top of things.
Post edited March 03, 2014 by JKHSawyer
tfishell: Maybe if/when GOG implements an optional client, providing the fixes will be significantly easier.
Gydion: Optional client doesn't have much to do with providing fixes. That infrastructure would need to be implemented over on the server. GOG would also need to revisit their policy on testing the updates.

Unless, you mean the instead of GOG packaging the fixes the client would push them out. Which would be an issue for people who would never use the client, e.g. me.
I agreed with the server-issue and I think a client will do nothing for providing patches faster here on GOG. I think that as long as GOG is not selling Steamkeys, nothing they add can ever be equal to the up-to-date'ness of the patch-availability on Steam as long as Steam is the top priority of the developers. And this is certainly not a thing I would wish GOG to become, another Steamkey-seller. Ask yourself why developers should all of sudden be willing or even be able to provide patches faster in case GOG would have a client? What makes you think they would not still favour and prioritise the patch-system of Steam because of the biggest user base over there?

That being said, I think that the current patch system certainly needs some improvement. Especially some information on the game page about the latest game version available at the moment and an entry what the last version was you downloaded would be helpful (maybe even a patch history, where you could select the patch you want). Add a direct link to the patch notes and I could live with the system. No need for an additional client, although GOG could bring this functionality directly to the download manager as well of course, as long as the web interface is still equipped with the same functions.

On a side note, any information when we will see the latest Omerta patch. The game got updated on Steam month ago. Could somebody at least talk to Kalypso if they will ever get this patch here?
Post edited March 03, 2014 by Quasebarth
http://www.gog.com/forum/blackguards_special_edition/blackguards_special_edition_has_been_updated_to_version_13_pc_mac
Blackguards patches are weird, they are only 100MB or less but they hang for like 5 minutes or longer