It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ghorpm: Alan Wake got 1.06 patch
DoctorGOGgles: The update to 1.06 was announced June 2012 on the Remedy forum. Did it really take GOG more than a year to update their version to 1.06 or is this latest update something else? Some official word from the blues would be nice.
Hi,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up here to prevent any confusion :)

Patch 1.06 was already available from the time of the version 1.0.0.0 installers. This universal update was a correction of an omission on our part. In short, there was no delay of any sorts :) Sorry about the confusion and I hope that I have clarified the situation :)
Post edited November 08, 2013 by JudasIscariot
DoctorGOGgles: The update to 1.06 was announced June 2012 on the Remedy forum. Did it really take GOG more than a year to update their version to 1.06 or is this latest update something else? Some official word from the blues would be nice.
JudasIscariot: Hi,

Patch 1.06 was already available from the time of the version 1.0.0.0 installers. This universal update was a correction of an omission on our part. In short, there was no delay of any sorts :) Sorry about the confusion and I hope that I have clarified the situation :)
er, there was a delay for the costumer because you forgot to pull the patch until now .... we can't download a file if there no link avaible -_- . I never saw this patch during the time of the v1 installer... Sorry you own post is confusing for me or it's my english which is in question o_O

so in short : this patch updates the v2 installer or not ?
Post edited November 08, 2013 by DyNaer
JudasIscariot: Hi,

DyNaer: er, there was a delay for the costumer because you forgot to pull the patch until now .... we can't download a file if there no link avaible -_- . I never saw this patch during the time of the v1 installer... Sorry you own post is confusing for me or it's my english which is in question o_O

There was no delay :)

There was a patch 1.06 for the 1.0.0.0 installers. When we updated the installers to version 2.0 we forgot to put up the updated installer for the patch.

If you have the version 2.0 installer for Alan Wake, then, yes, this patch will update the game to version 1.06. Again, there was no year-long delay on the patch, just a several day delay on putting up the updated installer for the patch.

I hope that helps :)
JudasIscariot: snip
in short words - there were both installer and patch available all the time, but GOG forgot to update the patch, so for a few days we had installer version 2.0 and patch version 1.0
Post edited November 08, 2013 by SLP2000
JudasIscariot: snip
SLP2000: in short words - there were both installer and patch available all the time, but GOG forgot to update the patch, so for a few days we had installer version 2.0 and patch version 1.0
Something like that, yes :P
DyNaer: er, there was a delay for the costumer because you forgot to pull the patch until now .... we can't download a file if there no link avaible -_- . I never saw this patch during the time of the v1 installer... Sorry you own post is confusing for me or it's my english which is in question o_O

JudasIscariot: There was no delay :)

There was a patch 1.06 for the 1.0.0.0 installers. When we updated the installers to version 2.0 we forgot to put up the updated installer for the patch.

If you have the version 2.0 installer for Alan Wake, then, yes, this patch will update the game to version 1.06. Again, there was no year-long delay on the patch, just a several day delay on putting up the updated installer for the patch.

from what i understand (correct me if i'm wrong ^^) :

you forgot to patch the v2.0 installer to the lastest game build ? . And now, i remember there was indeed a patch for the v1 installer (so i was wrong here)
JudasIscariot: There was no delay :)

DyNaer: from what i understand (correct me if i'm wrong ^^) :

you forgot to patch the v2.0 installer to the lastest game build ? . And now, i remember there was indeed a patch for the v1 installer (so i was wrong here)
No, just forgot to put up the updated installer for the patch, as I've mentioned earlier :)

(which is mostly my fault, mea culpa :/ )

Smugglers V got updated to version 1.1
DyNaer: from what i understand (correct me if i'm wrong ^^) :

JudasIscariot: No, just forgot to put up the updated installer for the patch, as I've mentioned earlier :)

sorry it doesn't make sense to me :|

only thing i understand , it's the patch was for the old installer.
DyNaer: you forgot to patch the v2.0 installer to the lastest game build ? . And now, i remember there was indeed a patch for the v1 installer (so i was wrong here)
installer v2.0 was patched, but they were also providing separate patch for those, who didn't want to download whole installer again. And that patch wasn't updated.
JudasIscariot: No, just forgot to put up the updated installer for the patch, as I've mentioned earlier :)

DyNaer: sorry it doesn't make sense to me :|
What part doesn't make sense, if I may ask?
DyNaer: you forgot to patch the v2.0 installer to the lastest game build ? . And now, i remember there was indeed a patch for the v1 installer (so i was wrong here)
SLP2000: installer v2.0 was patched, but they were also providing separate patch for those, who didn't want to download whole installer again. And that patch wasn't updated.
er no , judas just said if i have the v2 iinstaller , the patch is needed , so i'm totaly lost xD
DyNaer: er no , judas just said if i have the v2 iinstaller , the patch is needed , so i'm totaly lost xD
hmmm

anyway, not sure about the game installer right now, but the thing is, this time they only updated patch installer.
SLP2000: installer v2.0 was patched, but they were also providing separate patch for those, who didn't want to download whole installer again. And that patch wasn't updated.
DyNaer: er no , judas just said if i have the v2 iinstaller , the patch is needed , so i'm totaly lost xD
If you have setup_alan_wake_2.0.0.18.exe (and it's 6 BIN files) then you'll need patch_alan_wake_2.0.1.19.exe to patch the game up to version 1.06 :)
Maybe I need another coffee but I also don't get it. If version 1.06 is already integrated in the v2 installer, then what exactly do I need the v2 patch for?

edit: ninjad by JudasIscariot
So, a clean install with the full v2 installer is not version 1.06, but an older version then?
Post edited November 08, 2013 by DoctorGOGgles
DoctorGOGgles: Maybe I need another coffee but I also don't get it. If version 1.06 is already integrated in the v2 installer, then what exactly do I need the v2 patch for?
it's not integrated into the v 2.0 installer.